6||Cowan Rumors

(I wasn't going to write today but I'm updating bc I suck at tumblr rants but I'm so pissed about people making Rumors about Rowan I just need an outlet. Here is Corey consoling her after she heard rumors bc she's a smol bean and needs to be protected at all costs. And the song linked is great for this imagine!)

Corey and Rowan had to attend some Girl Meets World promo around Los Angeles earlier with the rest of the cast. Carmen was tagging along with the two and they didn't have a ride home so Corey offered since Sabrina was unable to give them a ride. She was busy doing On Purpose promo.

On their way to Rowan's home, she recieved a text from her mother. "Hey guys, listen to this!" She yelled over the Hamilton soundtrack that was playing. "Okay, okay! Calm down."

Rowan plafully rolled her eyes and read the text aloud. "Hi sweetie! Your father and I aren't going to make it home tonight. I've talked to Shannon and she said you two can stay at the Fogelmais's house tonight. Be safe and we love you both!"

"ITS LIT!" Carmen yelled. The two teens cringed. "If you say that again I'm disowning you." Rowan commented. "And I'm making you walk home." Corey added.

Carmen faked anger making the two in the front laugh before turning the Hamilton soundtrack back up and they spent the whole short drive trying to keep up with the rapping in "My Shot".

___________

"BAYLEE IM COMING!" was shouted before loud footsteps dissapeared upstairs.

"Don't they know they saw eachother just yesterday?" Corey asked. "Who knows? Okay, so are we binge watching Harry Potter tonight, or are we binge watching Harry Potter?" Rowan asked as if she was giving him a choice.

"Well," He began thinking hard. "I guess I'll have to pick binging on Harry Potter."

"GOOD CHOICE!" shouted Rowan. She ran to cabinet under the television to get the Harry potter CD's. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna find some PJ's for you."

"Alright, I hope you know I'm starting this with or without out you!"

Half an hour later the two were in their Pajamas, Rowan styling Corey's old clothes from when he was younger, and Corey wearing the same thing but in a larger size that actually fit him. His growth spurt happend so quick he was renewing his wardrobe every six months.

Buried beneath blankets the pair were halfway through the second Harry Potter movie when they heard two sets of feet run down stairs very quickly.

"Rowan!" and "Corey!" were yelled by the two younger siblings at the same time. "What? What happened?" He asked while getting up and Rowan sat up too while pausing the movie. The ounger girls looked like they were about to cry.

"Girls, tell us what's wrong." Rowan said in an authoritive but kind way.

"Okay," Camen began "You know how I'm on twitter a lot. Fans tell me what's going on all time in the fandom because I'm kind of in the fandom too."

"Yes but Carmen we know this." Corey stated. "What happened?" He said sternly.

"Would you calm down for a second?" Baylee chastised. "Okay so I was looking through her feed with her and a lot of fans were sending hate to Rowan." It was so quiet the only sound to be heard was the creaking up stairs from Ms. Fogelmanis shuffling about.

"This is what you're worried about? I get hate all of the time. Ignore it." Rowan voiced with a slight frown. "Is there something else you wanted to tell me?"

"Row, they're saying that you faked your relationship with Sabrina for the most part but think you fake all of your cast friendships." Carmen answered.

"What?" Rowan whispered and sat back on the couch.

"I don't understand. Why would they think that?" Corey said to himself.

"We're just going to leave you two alone. I'm really sorry guys." Baylee mumbled before going back to her room with Carmen.

"Corey?" The no longer bubly brunette asked. "What am I even doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I try so hard to be a role model for those who follow me. I speak my mind and I really am genuine. Why do people still try so hard to hate me that they have to make up stuff? I don't understan-" The last syllable was replaced by a quiet sob.

Corey jumped into action putting his friend into his lap an stroking her hair.

"Shhh. It's becuase they're jealous Row." He whispered into her ear. "They see the sunshine that you are and want to take that away from you because they'll never amout to the wonderful person that you are." She sniffled and he wiped her tear away.

"Do you really mean that?" She wondered aloud. "Every word." He answered.

"Tell me something else happy." She whispered with a sleepy smile.

"Well, last break I went on a vacation to Vancouver." Rowan began laughing. "What's so funny?" He couldn't help but to smile at her. To say she lights up the room is the least. "How could I forget? You sent me beautiful pictures almost every day!"

"Will you let me tell my story? Okay so I was taking pictures of a building and I ran into a girl about my age. She was a fan and said these exact words about you. 'I love Rowan so much. She's helped me become comfortable in my own skin. She's also helped me to realize that it's okay for me to dress different and look different than others and there is no rush in growing up. I've felt so free recently and she has the sole privilage of having this effect on me. If you get the chance do you think you could tell her?' I said yes but decided to wait."

"Wow, someone said that about me? And why did you wait?"

"Yup, she was a girl who kind of resembled Amandla. And why did I wait? I waited because I knew there would come a moment when you would need that kind of news to cheer you up." He said looking into Rowan's eyes.

"Thanks I needed that." A moment passes of shallow breaths and heartbeats. "You have really pretty eyes Corey. You know that?" Rowan complemented sleepily while her head was resting in Corey's lap.

"I've never thought so. All I know is you have the most beautiful eye of anyone I've ever met. I'd even go as far as saying you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met." He regretted it as instantly as he said it. Rowan can't know about his crush. He's 2 and a half years older than her, and she might feel uncomfortable with him in a romantic way. He held his breath waithing for her to say something.

Moments passed and he realized she was fast asleep.

He sighed in dissapointment because he was secretly hoping she has heard him.

He shimmied his his way from underneath her and replaced the missing space with a couple of pillows.

"Sweet dreams Row" He looked down at her in adoration. "I'm in it for the long game." He said and then kissed her cheek, letting his lips linger for a moment.

He went upstairs to sleep in his room. He's had a long day and would prefer his bed to the hard floor when he knows they have rehearsals tomorrow.

Rowan heard him go upstairs and her heart was beating out of her chest. "Me too Corey, me too." she whisered to herself. Oh boy is she in it for the long game. But who knows? Maybe she won't have to wait after all.

____

Author's Note

Wow, this author got lazy. No proof read? Scandalous. You'd think after 1300 words a little more precaution would be taken before the big publishing. And Rowan? She's an angel. Stop the hate twittersphere. That Teenage queen is more woke than most people combined. Dont forget to comment and vote. It's 1 am and this author tried her best. Night owl? Maybe. But all of the best people are;)

XOXO, Gossip Girl.

QOTD: Which gmw character do you relate to the most and why? (the lengthier the better:)

aotd: Riley bc I'm told I look like a puppy when I get mad and I trust people too quickly. (a bit of farkle too bc im a nerd and I want all my friends to be out of drama and happy.)