13||GMW Blurb Part 2

*3 months later*

It's springtime now, and a lot has happened in Mr. Malfoy's class. I've become a favorite of his right after the notorious fight with Peyton Meyer. For some reason, Corey has become a favorite of Mr. Malfoy as well. I don't really know why, but I don't complain either. He keeps his distance which is all I can ask for.

I hear the pop of a marker pen and look up on the board. The professor has charmed a marker to write our names in two rows on the whiteboard.

"If you look at the board, you'll notice your name is somewhere on it." He takes a pause to quickly look at each of us individually in the eyes. "I've charmed the marker to pick partners. It's chose two partners, not based on compatibility, but based on the potential to make something great."

I peer up at the board, squinting my eyes to be able to find my name. I love my teacher, but he's standing directly in front of my partners name. After a minute of Mr. Malfoy pouring his head and soul out about the importance of working together despite differences and opinions, he moved over enough for me to see.

Corey. My partner is Corey. Has the marker gone mad? I don't see any potential of us working together if all I want to do is hex him into tomorrow.

"You may move your seats! Please get acquainted rather quickly as this is a hefty assignment, and it's due as soon as class begins this Friday." The whole class groans in unison. However, our dissatisfaction soon goes unvoiced when the professor gives us a sharp look.

I don't make an effort to move, signaling to Corey that I'm not going to his table where he sits next to the devil himself. They don't talk as much anymore, only Merlin knows why, but they still have a trace of a friendship.

He plops down in the seat adjacent to mine, causing me to roll my eyes with prevalent disdain,while keeping my eyes trained on my textbook. "Are you ever going to let me apologize?" He questions.

Still looking at the words that currently mean nothing to me, I answer him with a another question."Are you ever going to be truly sorry?" Silence surrounds the little bubbly we've made for ourselves as he quite literally face palms himself out of frustration. A moment later his hand shoots up causing Mr. Malfoy to peer at us with a quizzical look, quite similar to my expression if I'm honest.

"Before You explode, what would you like Corey?" Asks the professor with minimal interest. "May we go to the library to do further research on our potion?"

"Yes, go ahead then. Oh, but bring your stuff with you. Might as well since class ends in a half hour." I gather my things, my mind still cluttered with confusion.

"Corey- where are we going? I really don't have time for games you know." I say, almost tauntingly.

"Oh we're going to the library, but not for potion research. I have a book I want to show you."

After getting to the library, we put our things down on an empty chair near the door. "Cmon, lets go." Hurried Corey while trying to usher me to the forbidden section.

"What are we doing here? We could get caught!" I exclaimed, my nerves on edge.

"Calm down, will you? Everyone is in class and the librarian wouldn't look up from her book if there was a bloody fire in this library. Come on now, what I'm showing will make your day, I swear it." I follow him hesitatingly, my curiosity taking over.

His finger runs down the spine of ,"You brought me all the way here to read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them? I had to study this damn book for all of year 3, I know it already." I complained.

Wordlessly, he thrust the book into my hands. I rolled my eyes, and opened the dusty pages. I almost choked on thin air when I saw the contents of the book.

"Corey." My heart is beating a mile of minute. "Corey how did you find this? This is the Newt Schamander's personal copy!" I cry, unable to keep still.

"Shut up! Do you wanna get caught?" He whisper-yelled to me. I looked him in the eyes, still not understanding a particular concept.

"Corey, why did you show me this" I wonder aloud.

"Because, Y/n, I needed to share my discover with someone and you are by far the most capable witch in all of Hogwarts." He said with a sincerity I d don't even know he could possess.

"Do you mean it Corey? Do you really mean it in your heart?" I question, looking right into his eyes now.

"Y/n," he began, while cupping my hands into his, "I've meant it for a while now. I've meant it since you rightfully threw my true colors at me. I am so sorry for the way I've treated you in the past. But I'm not that guy anymore, and I refuse to let my family influence my opinion on what makes a witch or wizard great."

My face felt hot, and I looked down. "I forgive you. I really do. I think I'd even like to make acquaintances with you if you'd like."

"That's too formal. How about friends?" He asks with a hopeful expression.

"I think," I pause for dramatic effect,"that we are going to be great friends Corey Fogelmanis."

-------- Eighth Year --------

"Save me a seat you twat!" I yell at Corey as he leaves me in his bathroom mirror to do my hair. We were supposed to be in the great hall for eat 10 minutes ago, but someone decided that they should throw silly putty at me. Of course it got in my hair knowing my luck.

When finished, I came into the great hall for lunch. However, as soon as I opened my eyes, I couldn't believe them. The place was decked out in white.

Ribbons were placed on each table, and the beauty was overwhelming.

"What is all this?" I wonder aloud.

I notice Corey at the front of the hall, with a flower, a suit clad on his body and a little box.

I gasp and slam my hand onto my mouth. "Corey." I whisper.

"Y/n, we've been together for three years now. I know we had a Ricky start, but I love you with all of my heart. One day, we're going to live in a nice cottage in Cheshire, and have a farm with all of the animals in our sacred book. I love you y/n, and I want you to accept this ring as a promise that we will one day get married."

He got down on a knee and I burst into sobs. "I love you. I love you so much! Yes, yes, yes!"

Not too long after this, I became a magi zoologist and my husband became a healer. I love my husband, and our daughter that we love with all of our hearts.

It's important to speak up, but second chances can often turn out to be a beautiful thing.

________
Was this rushed? Idk, I guess it's not a short story for nothing.