Caleo - Break Up

Rewritten: December 9, 2018
Edited: 8/17/19

I used to hate Calypso a lot for no real good reason. Real sorry about that!

Note: This was written in 2015-2016. This is mostly a diverging AU ^^. Thank you for understanding!

   After a long day working hard on some new projects, Leo finally decided maybe it was a good time to head back to his cabin. 'Maybe I should stop by and visit Calypso." He mumbled to himself.

When they returned (and after some serious punching), Calypso was invited to stay in the Big House since there wasn't a cabin for her to stay at. It wasn't too much of a big deal, and Calypso didn't seem to mind.

Approaching the camp, he made his was towards where she usually was. Everyday, around this time, she usually sat out just enjoying time alone, sometimes with a Hermes kid named James.

James was a nice guy, he didn't seem to like Leo too much but you can't win everyone. He always made Calypso grin and laugh which he thought was great, though sometimes it left a dark pit looking in his mind.

When he spotted the Big House, he noticed Calypso wasn't there like she usually was waiting for him.

'Maybe she went to sleep early?' Leo thought, very confused. She never did that though. So he looked around.

Then he spotted it.

A few feet away stood James and Calypso. James gently kissed her cheek to which she responded with a faint "I love you." Just loud enough for him to hear.

It felt like death.

Suddenly, consumed with emotion Leo he stepped over, making enough noise for them to notice. The noise was enough for them to hear and jump apart. Calypso's arms still sling around James' shoulders. She refused to meet his eyes.

"Calypso... I thought you loved me?" Leo said, barely above a whisper. She then finally made eye contact, teary eyes meeting unbothered ones.

"Truth be told Leo, I used you to get off the island. I'm sorry... please forgive me?" Calypso said.

Howcouldyousaythatyouruinedmeyouruinedus—

"No, Calypso." Said Leo, unlike him. His sad eyes becoming harsh. "We're done, don't come back to me ever.

"Don't come crying back to me."

He turned away. James and Calypso both failed to notice the tears that started to run down Leo's face.

She never did come crying back.

As soon as he went to his bed, ignoring his siblings questions he sat down quietly. He let his tears of betrayal fall down.

The day they broke up wasn't sad. There wasn't rain, no death or tragedy. Their breakup was quickly. No one but them 3 to remember.

Leo sobbed. He truly loved Calypso.

Maybe I'll die alone, Leo thought bitterly.

Everything I love leaves me at the end.

That was fine though. Time can heal wounds.

They never really talk anymore. News that they broke up spread like a wildfire, but no one ever questioned Calypso or Leo. Calypso stayed with James, loyal to him and never left his side.

Leo, well, he was fine. After spending days depressed in his bed he decided, that no! Being depressed wasn't gonna do it. He continued with his life. His last memories of Calypso were just bitter memories of what could've been.

Calypso and James got married at 24. The sunset overhead as they kissed under the soft light.

Leo? He was happy with his life. It was perfect.