Deathbed

Originally Posted: August 13, 2016 (Original is posted below.)

Remastered: April 12, 2020

Weird how time flies by without you realizing it. Time keeps moving and moving, without you realizing it and there's no way for you to stop it. Sorry for that poetic statement. Anyway, I haven't read any Rick Riordan books since The Burning Maze back in 2018, so I'm kind of rewriting on pure memory and also the Riordan wiki, my apologies.

-----------------------

Leo stared up to the empty white ceiling of the hospital bed he was in. Though he was alone, moments from death, he couldn't bring himself to be bitter. Life went on for him and he was grateful for all the memories that. Closing his eyes, his life flashed before his eyes. He could faintly hear the beeping of the heart monitor next to him...

He remembers Hera disguised as his Tia, though now it feels like a foggy dream he can't shake away. He remembers drawing the Argo 2 using grubby fingers and cheap crayons he had. The childhood innocence and creativity burning like a fiery inferno.

Though it been decades since he last saw his mother, he could never forget her, even now. Oh, how he longs to see her again. He remembers the flames, the tears, and the lifelong trauma of losing the one person who ever loved him. He remembers his Aunt Rosa hissing 'Diablo' before he was sent away.

He remembered wilderness school, remembers Piper Mclean. Remembers... Jason Grace. He remembers those fake memories created in his mind. The battle, the field trip, and becoming a Half-Blood. Those were dear memories.

The Argo was his masterpiece. Losing sleep and countless moments of relaxation to make his dream a reality. He needed to do it. Everyone needed him to do it. So he did it.

Calypso was beautiful. He remembers her kind eyes and smiles shown to him during quiet nights with her. How he softly kissed her and wished her goodbye as she took her final breath the previous year. Meeting her was never a mistake.

He remembers the cold hands of death, brushing against his body for a few moments, after killing Gaea. The firepower it took to blast him burned like boiling water. The Physician's Cure made it possible to come back and see Calypso again.

All the memories that came after were crazy. He mourned. He laughed. He got married. He had kids.

"I don't regret anything right now," he said, opening his eyes, "I think I lived a fulfilling life."

He gave a loud laugh. Then let himself be consumed by death.

------------------------------

Original Writing from 2016:

"Leo looked around on his death bed remembering all his memories...

When his mother died

When he met Piper and Jason

Finding out he's a half blood

Building the Argo

Meeting Calypso

Killing Gaea

Finding Calypso

Having children

And everything else,

His friends are already dead and he was left,old and sad but now he's on his death bed looking around one last time, and then closing his eyes one last time

Wow geez that was emotional XD so how are you guys? Good? Cool also thanks for all the views this story has been getting lately and I am thankful for that! Anyway bai!"