|| e i g h t ||

|| m e e t i n g s ||

normal POV

"Do you know why I summoned you, today, miss Granger?"Professor McGonagall asked Hermione as she walked up and down in her office,her hands folded on her back.

Earlier that day,she fell apart when Ron talked to her. Malfoy,was surpisingly,the only person that talked to her about it. And as she hated to admit it, she felt a bit better. But just before Malfoy left,an hour later, Hermione asked him to forget all about it and get back to normal. Hermione saw a spark to his eyes,but he agreed. They hadn't talk since then.

"Yes,Professor." She said,lastly.

She suddenly stopped and met her stare,Hermione shallowed hard before she could stop her self. "We missed you in the lesson, miss Granger. Where have you been?"

"In my room, Professor."She said slowly.

"Do you have an excuse,miss Granger?"

Hermione looked down and the next moment she was ashamed that she let her emotions interrupt her education. "I didn't feel quite good, Professor."

"And why is that?"She said, landing het cat-like eyes on the young Gryffindor student.

She pressed her lips."My..my parents. I don't know where they are. I-it's my fault and I know that-"

It was not a lie. She'd been thinking about them all the time; when she got to Australia to restore their memories, she couldn't find them at all. She asked everywhere, but everybody claimed that they hadn't heard of them. Hermione searched and searched but nothing. She missed them like hell. And she knew it was her fault.

McGonagall's face soften for a while."It's not your fault,miss Granger. You did what it was best. What I don't understand, is where Mr. Malfoy was."

I don't understand where he was either,she thought. Was it really him?

Hermione lifted her eyes to the Professor."He was trying to help me,Professor. He was with me."

"With you?"

"Yes,professor."She replied.

"And what did you do?"She said,raising an eyebrow.

"He was helping me to find them. Or ways to find them."Hermione said,without hesitating.

McGonagall nodded,as she tested her. "Very well, then. I take five points from each House, for not attending my lesson and I give to Mr Malfoy, five points, for House Unity. You are free to go. And don't be ever late in my class again."

Hermione nodded, gratefully."Thank you,Professor. I won't be. "

After Hermione left, Minerva McGonagall sat at her armchair. And closed her eyes, as she tried to clear her head, when a voice interrupted her.

"Did you see that,Minerva?",said Dumbledore on his portairt.

McGonagall rubbed her forehead as she nodded. "They both said different things. But they stated they helped each other. And I believe them,Albus."