7) The explanation

Chapter 7 - The explanation
The 2 unbearably long classes were over and we were heading to our lockers to gather our things for the weekend. I was faced with the possibility of taking some books home to learn. But I knew that wouldn't be my first priority this weekend for sure, so I left them there.
"Ok Dain. Now spill out. " both me and Stacey said and grinned at each other in amusement.
"You wanna sit here in the hallway and tell you. You know what? Maybe I'll even show you some things right here. Do you girls want?" He said sarcastically.
"Fine. Let's go to my house. "
"Ok. Let me just text my parents and ask them if it I'll be ok if I sleep at you this weekend. " she said pulling out her phone from her back pocket and texting someone. "Great. I can come. Now let's go." She hurried us.
We went to her car and got in.
"Why am I staying in the back?" Dain asked.
"Because you are the guy. " Stacey answered.
"I'm not from here and I still know what that is called." He said with a smirk on his face.
"Yes? And what is that called?" I asked him.
"It is called sexism. And I got that from class. You are supposed to be nice to people and you shouldn't discriminate them. Teens this days. Offfff. " All of us laughed as we pulled in front of my house.
I took my keys out and unlocked the door.
"Stacey please show him where he can leave his things. I'll go get some drinks. "
"Sure Em. I want a coke."
"I know. Dain what do you want? We have ice tea, Coke and lemonade. Stacey do you still have that Advil my head hurts again. "
"Let me search " S said looking in her bag.
"I want a lemonade. And it would really help if you stopped hiding your wings. They are giving you the headache. "
" Really? Ok I'll try. " I touched the little circle and my wings appeared along with my tattoos and my purple hair. My headache suddenly disappeared. "Thanks Dain. Guess I won't need that Advil anymore. My headache is gone. "
I want to pick the drinks and realized I couldn't hold all 3 of them. Just as I thought of calling for help from one of them an idea hit me. I took my ice tea and Stacey's Coke and entered the living room.
"Here's your Coke Stacey. Ok so now start talking Dain." I gave Stacey the Coke. And imagined the way the lemonade footed from the table where I left it to the living room.
"Ok. But you forgot my lemonade Ember. "
"Actually I didn't. Just look above you. " the lemonade was now floating in front of him.
"Wow Ember. That amazing. I didn't know you got so far with your training by yourself. " He said as he took the drink.
"Actually, I helped her. " Stacey pointed out.
"Ok. Do you want me to tell you your story, your future or your abilities first?" Dain asked.
"Whaaaaat?? I don't know... The abilities maybes. "
"Never mind. I'll start with the story of little Ember. Or even better the way our world is working. That the best way to start. Okay. So I won't tell you about the magical world, but about the Fairy Kingdom. Fairies are divided in  5 major categories, depending on the main color of their wings. I'm from "The protectors" and you are from the most rare category, "The royals" your wings are purple. Protectors have green wings. And the other 3 colors are blue, red and transparent-white. Depending on your kind, each of us can do something different and there are just a few fairies who can control an element, but in small amounts. Except for Royals, they can sometimes control more than 1 element. Something that you didn't understand till now?"
"So what elements can I control?"
"Actually, we believe that you can control all of them."
"What?"
"In the Magical World, babies are born just like humans. All types of babies. So after a baby is born parents usually take care of him or her. Cases where the baby is a different tip of fairy as at least on of his parents is really rare. You were born in a fire family and everybody assumed that you would be a fire fairy. When a fairy is 6 months old she or he gets to pick his wings. Even though they don't know it, one of the five colors attracts him or her and that's what they pick. You picked purple and your parents were really scared so they went to the King and the Queen. We were in a time of war and their boy was killed so you were the only possible option of heir tonthe throne. Nobody knew about you, or more exactly nobody knew what kind of fairy you were, they all believed you'll be a fire fairy. The Queen found a family who was looking to adopt a baby and sent you to them. The war ended two years ago and your parents wanted to come after you but this time you were not ready for the Kingdom. It was decided that we should wait till you'll be 16 to give you the bracelet and the wings. "
"So how does the bracelet work?"
"It works somehow like a Pandora. " Stacey said.
"Exactly. How did you know that?" Dain asked.
"Just a guess. " Stacey defended herself.
"So while you go through phases of your training and of life you get a new "talisman" which is actually just a tiny copy of your wings or a symbol of the element that you learn to control." Dain explained.
"Ok.  Everything you've said. It's a little overwhelming.  When can I go visit the kingdom? When can I see my family?" I asked with enthusiasm.
"Unfortunately it isn't safe for you to be announced as the Princess until your training isn't finished. We'll start training as soon as possible and when you'll be ready you can see the Kingdom."
"Ok so let's start. We have 2 days of training ahead. 2 days and a half actually. Stacey, will you help?" I said already getting up from the couch.
"Yeah sure. "
"Ok. I'll go change. This clothes are really uncomfortable. My wings ache in them. "
I went upstairs and but on a sport bra and a pair of leggings then got back into the living room. When I entered I heard Dain.
"You ready?"
"Yep. But let's go in the garden so I'll have more space to fly. "
"Sure. You don't want to hit the ceiling. " Dain laughed.
"Not after she broke a vase. " Stacey added as we went into the garden from the back of the house.  Now between us and the forest there was only the small fence which was suppose to keep the animals away.
End of Chapter 7

Heyyyy.  So I kind of changed my mind a few times about the plot. Still not sure how I'll continue the story. I'll try to update before Monday but I can't promise anything.
Hope you like the story. And please vote. ☺️
Vote⭐️
Comment
😘❤️💋 E