10) Hanging out

Chapter 10 - Hanging out

"Look Jace, you don't have to apologise and that is because we both made mistakes. It isn't only your fault, it's mine as well. I'm sorry that I confused you that day and that I made you believe that I am crazy."

"Ember I always knew you were crazy."

"Yeah but that day I made you believe that I'm completely crazy. Hospital crazy." I say laughing at my confession while Jace os satisfied to only give me one of his charmingly beautiful grins.

"Sort of. Anyways. I've bee thinking and I do think that you are pretty normal. Or as normal as Ember has ever been. So I'm sorry that i didn't believe what you told me then."

"As normal as Ember has ever been. That one is good. Never heard it before. I have to admit that I would react the same way you did."

"Well that ain't no excuse.Ember I want to be your friend. Even if I screwed up my chances to be your boyfriend, I still want to be one of your closest friends. So if you'll explain to me again, I promise this time I'll try harder to understand and I won't judge you."

"I'd love to be your friend Jace. And I'd like to show you my secret, but I don't know if I'm capable to try again. I think that your reaction affected me." My voice low on the last words.

"Oh Ember. I am sorry that I did something like that to you." Jace's eyes show deep regrets and that sort of makes me fill better.

Maybe he really wants to try again. Maybe we can get through. Maybe we can be friends. Maybe I can try to show him again. Maybe......

"Ok I'll try. I'll give our friendship a chance. I really will." I say trying to bring all the force and confidence that I'm capable of with me.

"I'll show you that you took the wright decision." He says smiling.

"We'll see about that. Maybe you won't like the new me."

"Yeah. Wright."

"Maybe I am able to turn you into a pumpkin. Aren't you afraid of me? You should be. BuHuHu!" We caught so hard my belly hurts.

"Come on let's eat that ice cream. Your vanilla is melted already."

"Noooooo. I love vanilla. Why did it had to be Vanilla who melted. That ain't fair." I snivel like a baby.

"You see? Same Ember. The real you will always be there. And the real you is amazing."That melted my heart.

"Thanks. But remember? Just friends."

"Wright. I forgot." He winks.

We finish eating our ice creams and head out the door.

"So are you still up for that pizza or do you want me to drive you home?"

"I'm not sure I can eat pizza wright now."

"No problem, we have a bunch of other days ahead of us. So no worry, no hurry."

"Actually, we can go eat slice a pizza."

"Great. Did your new secret turn you into a meat eater?" He says as we head to the pizzeria.

"Nope. No chance. No way."

"Ok then. Will it be a Quatro Formagi or a Margerita with mushrooms and olives."

"I was thinking of a Formagi, but then you said mushrooms and olives on pizza and that go me."

"Ok then." He approves just as we approach the counter.

"Hi. What can I serve you with?" The woman beside the counter asks.

"We'll have a...."

Jace orders while I stare at the woman's tag from the shirt. I could swear that she looked familiar and so did her name. Someone touches my arm.