8) I want us to be friends

Chapter 8 - I want us to be friends
We've spent mostly the whole weekend practicing. Besides sleeping, eating and training we haven't done much. Happily it was a one time thing. Sunday night, before both Dain and Stacey left, we decided about a future program. I was supposed to prepare for going back to my biological parents. But I had enough time to prepare. I was going to practice on my own most of the times and just a few times with Dain or Stacey. It seemed like I was wright about talking in other people's mind. I can do that, but practice is needed, of course.
So Stacey and Dain left me on Sunday around 8 o'clock and I went to take a long and well deserved bubble bath. I took my book with me but got bored after 50 pages. I started to think about Dain and Jace.
Jace has been the perfect boyfriend. He was always sweet and he cared about me. I still feel nostalgic for our relationship. And I miss him and his little compliments. I miss his presence.
Dain on the other hand. He looks really good. And he is nice to me. I thought that I liked him, but now I don't know. I mean it is nice of him for training me. But it is strange that my parents would send him. He didn't say anything about the way he met my parents. He didn't tell me much about my parents actually. But still, Dain seems to understand me in a way Jace never did.
Apparently boys give me more problems than the wings. 

I woke two minutes before the alarm went off. I got ready and waited for Stacey to pick me up. She was 5 minutes late. That is strange, I'm usually the one who's late. Actually it's the first time she's late. I take my phone out of my pocket and call her. She picks up.
E  "Hei what's wrong?"
S  "What do you mean? Nothing's wrong."
"You were supposed to pick me up 5 minutes ago."
"Ohh. Yeah. I'm sorry.  I forgot. Do you want me to come or will you drive. "
"I'll drive. You sure everything is ok. You seem kind of distant. "
"Oh yeah I'm totally fine. Sorry again. I'll see you at school. Bye."
"Bye..."
That was really strange. I think she partially hung up on me. What's wrong with the people around me. Or maybe I'm the crazy one. If I don't hurry I'll be late. I start searching for my keys.
"Ok Ember. Calm down. You can do this. Just remember where you put them."
Just as I talk to myself I see them in front of me on the coffee table. I pick them up and hurry to my car.
I get to school and start searching for a parking space. Just when I was decided I had to park on the street I see a spot in the middle of the parking. I concentrate on positioning the car on the spot when I hit something with the back of the car.  I realize I only hit a bin but still fell stupid. I decide to move just a little bit forward and just as I press the pedal someone crosses in front of me. And I hit him. He falls to the ground.  I quickly emerge out of the car.
"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. Do you need me to call an ambulance?" Just then I realize it's actually Jace.  Now I feel even worse he'll think I did it intentionally. "Jace I'm so so sorry. I really didn't see you. "
"I'd say no problem. But you obviously still didn't learn how to park a car. That was always your weakest point. "
"I'm sorry. "
"Calm down. You said that about 5 times already I think.  " he says putting a charming smile on his face.
"Actually it was three times. And I sorry. "
"I believe you. And by the way it is 4 times now. But I know for sure you'll apologize again. So it will be 5. And don't worry.  I'm already better. " he says laughing while getting up. "Actually I wanted to talk to you."
"About what. "
"About me getting mad at you. And about us. "
"Look Jace I get it.  You don't have to feel sorry for me.  I'll be fine. "
"Just get your things and let me say what I planned to say. " he said laughing through the last part.
I pick my bag from the passenger seat and lock the car, throwing the keys in one of the little pockets of my bag.
"Ok. But just so you know I really am sorry for hitting you with the car. "
"I'm not.  This way you owe me a drink after school. And by the way it was the 5th apology. "
"Who said I owe you anything. " I wink at this and then start laughing.
"Oh you owe me girl. You hit me with a damn car."
"Fine. Whatever. "
"Ok then. I'll say I'll pick you up but you need to drive the car. "
"Yeah I probably should drive the car back home."
"Ok then we'll just meet after class and I'll follow your car."
"Ok then I'll see you after school. " I say as I speed up. But then I realize I don't know where we're going. I turn around and keep walking but now backwards. "Hey Jace. Where are we going?"
"I don't know. Maybe Ice Juice. Or Frozen Yogurt. I don't know you can choose."
"Great then. Both. " I say in a playful voice.
"Super. But Ember. Will you give me a second chance please?"
"A second chance for what?" I say still walking backwards. We'll reach the building shortly.
"A second chance to understand you. A second chance to be your friend. And maybe a second chance to win your heart. "
"I'll give you a chance to understand me. And I want us to be friends. But I warn you. You'll have to work extra hard for my heart. "
"I hope that not to many extra hours. I mean I'm not paid for those hours. I'll do anything. You'll see. "
I really felt like I could believe him. But he broke my heart once.  It would take a while for me to give it back to him. But he knew that.
"We'll see Jace. I'll see you after school. "
"Sure. Oh and Ember.  There's a tree. "
"What ?"
"There's a tree behind you.  "
Oh the tree from near the school.
"Yes I know. "   That's what I say just as I hit my head in the tree. Great day Ember.  "Don't you dare give me an "I told you!" " I tell him pointing an accusatory finger at him.
"Ok. Ok. I won't !" He said with a smirk on his face.
"I'll see you later!" Waving a hand playfully.
"Bye. Ember. "
I just turn around and head to my locker. I find Stacey and Dain at their lockers talking.
"Hey girl. Sorry for not picking you up. " Stacey welcomed me.
"Yeah. No worry. "
"You guys wanna go to the mall after school? " Stacey was really happy this morning. But she wasn't when we spoke over the phone
"I can. It ain't like I have other friends. "
"Sorry guys. But I can't. "
"What are you doing. " Stacey asked turning into full discovery mode. She always needs to know everything. Should I tell her or not? She'll find it out anyway.
"Well. I want to sort things out with Jace."
"What ?! Are you crazy? No way. He ditched you.  Remember ?  You can't be with him. You should find someone who deserves you. "
"Stacey believe me that I do remember. And I'm not saying that I'll go out with him again. At least not as my boyfriend."
"He's not good for you. Dain would be.  Not that idiot. Ok. How can you not see it. Go out with Dain not with Jace!" She yelled at me angrily while Dain blushed. "Did you think if Dain likes you. He's like you.  Not Jace. Did you think how Dain will feel seeing you with Jace. " both Stacey and Dain were red now. But one was angry while the other was embarrassed.  I had to keep being calm. I can do this.
"Stacey. I'm not going to date Jace. Not today at least. We are just talking. I want to be friends with him. And it is not your choice. It's mine! " I told her accentuating the last sentence and then turned to Dain. "I didn't know that you liked me that way. I'm sorry. I don't know what are my feelings towards you." And with that I turn my back to them. Close my locker and go to class.
"What a day. Never better. " I say to myself as I sit down.
End of Chapter 8

Hey guys. I'm sorry for being so late. I had a 3 days trip on the mountain and then 1 more day just for recharging my batteries 😂😴😪. After that I knew what I wanted to write. But it was impossible for me to write. Today I did it. And apparently I didn't write what I planned.
Ok I know it isn't an excuse. But please forgive me. And take that all the "I'm sorry" from this chapter is actually meant for you. 😘💋💙
Ok so you can always come with ideas in comments or on private.
Vote (please)
Comment (if you can)