Chapter 4- Focus

"Hello, I'm Lila Graham." I forced a smile.

"God Lila, can you properly smile?" This is what you look like!" Niall pulled a stupid face and poked my tongue at him.

He was helping me practice for my interview tomorrow, being watched by Harry and Louis.

"Hello, I'm Lila Graham." I smiled effortlessly. Niall nodded, finally satisfied.

"Whenever there's an awkward space in the conversation, just smile." He advised.

I took this in. Tomorrow was going to be a big day, well at least for me, and I needed all the help I could get. I knew how to model, but I wasn't exactly good at acting, and I would need that when I was interviewed. Tiana was coming around to help. She was over the moon that she was going to meet the boys.

The doorbell rang.

Niall bounded up to the door and opened it. Tiana stood there, in all her tanned-skin-brown-hair-chestnut-eyed glory. She beamed at him.

"Hi. I'm Tiana," She held out her tan hand to shake Niall's. "I'm a huge fan."

"Nice to meet you." Niall goggled at Tiana, who had obviously noticed this. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him.

He definitely hugged back.

I watched all this from the couch, laughing to myself. Leave it to Tiana to seduce the first boy who opened the door.

"Hey T!" I climbed over the couch to hug her.

"Harry, Liam, Zayn, Niall and Louis, this is my best friend Tiana."

They all hugged her and said words of hello.

~

Tiana and I decided to leave the boys and go shopping for stuff for the interview.

She assured me I must wear Victoria's Secret, so we went there and bought the 'necessities' and a new phone case and laptop case.

After we'd done that, we searched through racks and racks of clothes, trying to find something.

We eventually found a creamy white button up made of a light material and a swishy black skater skirt. We matched it with some nude Gucci thick strap heels, then left hurriedly because we noticed I was on the cover of some magazine and the shop owner was slowly putting two and two together.

"You know what? I think I'm a Niall girl now. I mean, I've been a Harry girl for a long rime, but Niall is...yeah." Tiana trailed off dreamily, smacking her trademark mint gum. The overpowering smell of the mint hit my nostrils like a tidal wave. I scrunched up my nose. Ew.

I'd never really been a fan of gum.

"Hello Lila." A woman stopped in front of me. She was much shorter than me and even Tiana too. Her auburn hair was piled haphazardly on her head and she too chewed gum, but in a repulsive banana flavour which made me nauseous.

She held a small notepad and pen, and a camera was sling carelessly round her neck. She looked like a reporter.

"I have to go." I mumbled. I didn't really want a conversation with someone I didn't know, let alone a reporter.

I started walking, pulling Tiana along with me.

"Are you buying that for Harry?" She pointed at my bags. She had an American accent which made me wonder why she was here. I walked faster.

"Is it a date?" She was almost jogging to keep up with our longer strides.

"What are you-"

Tiana and I ran, gripping each other's hands, all the way to my car. We'd left the auburn lady somewhere on an escalator.