Chapter 9- Film

I stumbled out of my warm bed at 5 am.

I didn't bother with makeup or doing my hair, partly because the stylists would do it anyway, and partly because I couldn't be bothered.

I pulled on some warm black leggings and a warm shirt, along with another Burberry coat and a scarf. On my feet I wore black, heeled boots.

Sure, I could've made a bit more effort. I was feeling all self conscious and then Cara walked in, wearing pretty much the same.

"Should I brush my hair?" She asked, picking up a strand.

"I haven't," I informed her, laughing.

"I know how to fix this!" She ran out of the room and came back with two handfuls of wooly beanies.

She stuffed one on my head and another on hers.

"Shall we go?" I asked, grabbing my oversized bag that had so much pointless crap in it that you wouldn't believe.

We made out way down to the lobby, where the doorman ushered us outside. The cold nipped at our exposed skin, causing us to rush to get inside the car that was waiting.

Cara scrolled through her phone, occasionally looking at me and biting her lip to suppress a smile.

"Guess what?" She finally said.

"What?"

"We've been added to another walk each!"

I didn't quite understand until a couple of seconds after.

"Oh my god! That's... That's unbelievable!"

I checked my phone and saw the confirming text, and to be honest, I felt really nervous. For Cara to be added was normal, she'd been modelling for them for longer than me. I felt like I didn't deserve it, even though I was very excited.

"They're going to find time to make sure they fit today," Cara was saying, her initial excitement replaced with normality, or the closest she got to that.

I nodded and we pulled up at our destination.

A couple of paps had tracked us down, but we weren't mobbed at all. In fact, about twenty people had shown up, so we took photos and had a quick chat.

Throughout hair and makeup, I pondered the fact that One Direction got mobbed- in large quantities. I felt nervous to hang out with Harry.

I spoke to the camera a couple of times, feeling glad I wasn't in the spotlight like some of the others were.

I was basking in this fact, until the same man from my first fitting burst in.

He tapped a camera woman on the shoulder and pointed directly at me. I'd hoped it was just for a fitting, but she turned the camera on and started firing orders.

"Tell them how long you've been modeling for."

"I've been modeling since I was very young, maybe about five or six years old," I told the camera, tucking my hair behind my ear and smiling, "it's something I love to do."

The woman gave a thumbs up and continued to ask me questions while my hair was being done.

I sunk back into my chair after she left and pulled out my phone.

I was absorbed in candy crush for about half an hour until I realized how bad I was, and quit to listen to music.

As I was shoving my earbuds in, I overheard my name.

Now, I'm not a spy or anything, but I'm pretty clever.

I shoved them in and pretended I was listening to them, but really, I tuned into the people who'd said my name.

"She's new," one whispered, "and she's already being talked about more than some other girls."

"She's dating Harry Styles, though. Harry Styles."

"No wonder."

I decided to turn around and observe the strangers.

The strangers turned out to be none other then my two stylists. They looked nervous as I stared.

I gave them a friendly smile which they returned gratefully.

There was a man with bleached blonde hair and very nice clothes, and a woman with very, very, long jet-black hair and very nice bone structure.

"Heya. Nice to meet you."

They shook my hand.

"I'm Elliot," said the man excitedly, "I'm glad to meet you too!"

"My name is Ebony," said the woman, eyes lighting up. She had very nice eyes. "You have beautiful hair."

We went on like this for a while, until I was dragged away to film.

~

The filming had gotten me thinking.
I'd always been a YouTube enthusiast, never really making the videos- more watching them.

I switched on the camera and smiled into it. I was going to make a vlog.

"Hey, YouTube. I'm Lila Graham, and this is my very first vlog.

I asked for some questions on twitter, and a lot of you guys answered! So here we go," I began, and just like that, I'd started my vlog.

I talked about my life and answered my twitter questions, and Cara made a short cameo in my video- mostly by accident.

It took me a collective four hours to edit the video. I hadn't quite grasped the whole editing thing too well.

In the end, Cara called a friend who worked on editing movies, and he managed to make it look actually super professional. He made a backing track for me on loops, from garage band, and he made me a starting theme too- I'd already designed it, he made it on photoshop.

Cara and I waited anxiously as the video uploaded.

"Okay, it's done. Oh my gosh." I spoke excitedly, both of us pulling out our phones and tweeting the link to my video.

I saw that a couple of minutes later, Harry had retweeted my tweet. After that, I guessed there was no going back.

I was probably a YouTuber now.