Chapter 7- Last Day

I watched Cara bite into the greasy cheeseburger, frowning slightly.

She grinned at me, showcasing a mouthful of god-knows-what pattie.

Gross.

I picked at the French fries from the greasy paper wrapping gingerly.

Calories, calories, calories.

It's not like I was obsessed with being thin or anything. I just was new to this whole fame thing, and I didn't need people judging me for what I ate.

Cara seemed to know how I was feeling.

"Eat," she indicated the rest of my untouched meal, "they don't care."

But they do! I wanted to say. However, I don't want to back down from eating a cheeseburger.

So I ate the greasy thing, worrying for my sanity afterwards. I'd had a major life decision to make over a burger meal.

I snorted derisively in the taxi Cara and I had hailed.

"Hey, let's go shopping!" I proposed. I was completely in the mood to spend a lot of money and run around like crazy people in a mall.

Of course, Cara was up for it and we got out in the center of Melbourne's shopping district.

"Lila! Cara! Lila! Cara!" Paparazzi desperately called out, wanting to get a shot they could sell for thousands on tomorrow's tabloid.

I lowered my sunglasses slowly, to obscure my eyes. I let a smile creep onto my face, just for the photos.

They just didn't stop snapping, did they?

~

I was all shopped out and feeling guilty. When we'd gone into designer brand shops like Gucci, Burberry, and Victoria's Secret, they'd insisted we pay next to nothing for our purchases. It was most likey because they recognised Cara. She assured me it was me too, but I doubt it.

"Nobody's seen me model yet, so why are they so obsessed?" I asked Cara when we we're quietly being driven to my house.

She paused and let this sink in.

"Well," she articulated slowly, choosing we words carefully, "you've already got what normal people- you know, everyday families- want. A good-looking famous boyfriend, a dream job, beauty, and then you've got friends like One Direction, and friends like moi." She laughed a bit at her own mention if herself.

She might've been joking, but she was right.

"But they'll see you and you won't feel guilty anymore. I promise."

~

Harry's POV

I called her for the fourth time. No response. She'd already gotten back from lunch with Cara, so why doesn't she answer her phone?

"You've reached voicemail-"

Quickly, I turned off the playback.

Fuck it, I'm going to see her.

"Liam, Louis, where are the keys?" I couldn't find the keys to both of the cars we had in Melbourne.

"Zayn and Perrie went out, and Niall's got the car to see that Tiana girl." Niall told me.

"Why'd you want a car anyway?" Yawned Liam. It was hard to sleep in when fans screamed your name as early as the hotel opened.

"To see Lila."