Romeo and Juliet

Matt and me talked forever in my room. Catching up on eachothers lives, talking about dad, drama, people it was really fun. He lays back on my bed. "We should go out and do something." He says picking up my finger then letting it fall. "Um Starbucks?" I ask laughing at him. "Starbucks? Why do you guys go to Starbucks?" He asks laughing. "Idk..it where everyone hangs out!" I laugh. "Hm..typical white girls!" He laughs and gets up. "OMG MATT!" I get up with him and we leave the house. 

  I missed him...even though I didn't have the best brother, it felt like old times...maybe this will turn mom around as well. We walk into Starbucks, and of course everyone is in there. Jade runs to me then pauses when she sees Matt. Of course she doesn't know him I barley talked about him. "Is this your boyfriend?" She asks excited. Me and Matts eyes widen. "EWW" We both say at the same time. "This is my brother!!" I say laughing. "Brother? You never mentioned you had a brother!" She said laughing. Just then, I could feel the shame, the dissapointment Matt felt, his little sister never talked about him.....not sure if thats good or bad. 

  He put his arm around me and laughs. "We barley remember eachother!" He says playing it off. I can tell where he is going with this, if I never talked about him I never talked about dad..or my childhood. We go over to the table and Nick pulls me aside. "Is that your boyfriend>" He asks me sternly. I look at him ready to laugh. "Uh thats my brother?" He takes a deep breathe, "Good" He says inbetween his breathe. "Good? Good!?" What is that supposed to mean?" I snap. He jumps a bit. "Nothing..." I roll my eyes and go over to Matt. What a douche! He's not my boyfriend, dad, I'm not even sure if we are friends!

  A few hours later me and Matt left. As we were walking home I could feel the dissapointment in Matt. "Why didn't you tell them?" Matt finally asks me after awhile of silence. "Why would I?" I say walking in the house. "I'm your brother...I didn't leave your mouth even once?" "And tell them what?! The only person that actually cared for me turned his back and hurt me?!" He went silent. I know it was harsh, but it's the truth I'm tired of running I want to get everything out. I lift up myb sleeves showing my cuts. His eyes widen. "With my whole family abusing me, getting their anger out, how could I get mine out? This was the only way I could think of! Unless I hurt other people...thats not me" After I said that I instantly regreted it, I was hurting him right now. I was expecting him to smack me, but instead he hugged me, tightly. "I'm sorry" He whispered. I hugged him close and we sat down on the couch and started to play video games, like nothing happened.

  We fell asleep on the couch and woke up to mom taking pictures with the old camera. "Mom?" We both ask sleepy and confused. "Good morning!" She says cheerful. I want to hug her...what will she do? I'm scared...she might hit me or something..I'll take a chance. I get up and walk to her slowly and I hug her, for the first time in years. She stood there then hugged me back, almost like she forgot how to hug. I saw Matt smirk from the corner of my eye he gets up and hugs us both. "We're back!" He yells laughing. We're back...I like the sound of that.