Chapter Twelve- A threat to the princess?

Alright here is Chapter 12! I hope everyone has started off on a great year so far!!

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Try this."

I snapped my head over to Zalaxe."What did you say?" I was lost in my thoughts until Zalaxe called out.

He gave a chuckle, "Pay attention to me love. Now here try this." He held a spoon full of food at my lips. I looked at it awkwardly. He slightly parted his lips,"Say 'Ahh'." 

I slightly blushed and felt to embarrassed to do it but I could feel that everyone had their attention on me. I gave an embarrassed look at him and quickly took the bite savoring the food in mouth. I looked back at him and he had the most devilish grin.  He is picking on me again!  "How embarrassing." I mumbled under my breath.

"Hmm what's that love?" He said coming closer to my face. 

"N-nothing." I faced back forward.

"There is nothing wrong with feeding my soul mate." He laughed.

"So adorable!" Clariata said grabbing her cheeks.

I wanted to shoot her down with my eyes.

Everyone gave a slight laugh. What was strange though is that they watched Zalaxe not in with amusement but more of in a happiness sort way. Like if they have been waiting for these moments.

I continued to eat my food and everyone else dug into theirs. I could still feel Zalaxe's eyes watching me every few seconds. There was a brief silence until Maxlir placed his spoon down.

"So Zalaxe, " He said still trying to finish his last bite," I heard your last meeting with some of the high ups was a bit stressed."

I looked over at Zalaxe who finished a bite, he sighed leaning back in his chair. "I guess you could say that." 

"Was there an argument?" Trendo questioned.

"Well Naxmus thinks-"

I turned back around, I didn't really feel like I should listen Zalaxe's affairs. It was their business and I just walked into it, it's best if I don't know. 

I focused back on my food as they talked. Scooping up a spoon full of food I brought it to my lips but I jointed back in pain. "Ouch." I whispered under my breath. I forgot that the food was hot. I placed the spoon back rubbing my swollen lip. 

Quickly a thumb and forefinger cupped my chin turning me around. Zalaxe looked at me concerned. He continued to talk to Maxlir as he rubbed his thumb on my lips soothing them. I blushed at his action and wanted to look away but he held my chin tightly. Surprisingly his gentle touch on my lips started to make the pain go away. 

He continued to talk but then quickly under his breath he muttered,"Careful." He gave me sweet smile that send chills up my spine. Letting go he turned back to his conversation leaving me in shock.

I quickly snapped out of my daze and turned back around trying to control the heat radiating of my face. Looking up I saw Claraita and Laruna snickering a bit. I pouted my lips at them trying to tell them to stop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner flew by and I tried not to listen to everyone's chat about these meetings that were happening. I did catch a few things about general's being under Zalaxe's power. Which I found interesting knowing that my soul mate was powerful. I shook that thought away. I was becoming more and more attracted and attached to Zalaxe as time went by. I didn't find it frighting, I just found myself surprised at my own self for thinking these thoughts.