Chapter 1: The New World

Diana's P.O.V.

Hey guys... My name is Diana Christie and I am 17 years old. Everyone in the whole world is playing the new MMORPG named One Life Online or also known as OLO. I think I am the only one that doesn't play the game for I am too busy with my studies. So I get up from my bed and fix myself and went downstairs to get breakfast.

Then my mom came with my breakfast. I said thank you and ate my breakfast. After that I waved goodbye with a kiss on my parents and went to school. When I reach school, I saw my three best friend, Alicia Dalton, Karen Smith, and Laura Norwood. I waved hello and we went to school. After meeting them I saw the most annoying and weird guy in my class. His name is Andrew Mondale.

"Hey Diana." Andrew said with a smiling face.

"Hey Andrew. Good to see you again." I said while faking my smile at him.

Andrew then saw his friends and followed them. So I talked to my friends while walking to our class.

"I really hate that guy when he acts weird towards me. I know he likes me and he already confessed to me since last year. I already rejected him because I am too busy with my studies." I said to Alicia, Karen and Laura.

"If you really hate that guy, why do you keep talking about him to us?" Laura said.

I immediately blushed and looked away.

"I really can't stand his childish and weird way." I said.

So when we reach class, we saw most of the guys brought a laptop and they are playing a game.

"Is that OLO that people are talking about around the world?" I asked Alicia and the others.

"Wait, you haven't played OLO. You should play. Not only is this game fun, you can also get real money went you collected 100 magical gem. For every 100 magical gem, you can get $1000." One of the students said.

"Really?" I said.

"But you must collect 100 of magical gems. It is really hard because you can only get magical gem from players that are higher level than you and bosses. You can only get 1 each and you cannot get again from the same opponent. That's why it is a challenging game." A guy behind us said.

I turned around and saw Carlo Angelo.

"Carlo. Good Morning." I said happily.

Then Andrew came again but he's changed. He came in the room serious and reading a novel. He not the usual happy-go-lucky guy this morning. Then his best friend, Alexander Williams or people call him Alex, came in front of Andrew. So I couldn't hear what they are saying and so I ignored them and asked about One Life Online.

Andrew's P.O.V.

"Hey dude! You're serious today. Are you in a bad mood?" Alex said.

"No dude. I think I don't want to be weird already. I thought being happy-go-lucky would bring me luckiness but no only bad luck." I said.

"Oh okay. Hey dude have you heard the new update of OLO?" Alex said excitedly. For it comes to games, I cannot ignore those things.

"Yeah, I've heard. I just updated it immediately. I also check what is the description but the only thing shows is 'Having fun on your old world?' and 'Are you having fun playing OLO?'. That's it." I said.

"Don't worry about it. Nothing will go wrong." Alex said.

Then a power blacken out and everything is pitch black because all of the windows is covered with dark curtain that no light could passed through and the only thing that light the room is the room light. Then I immediately smelled a suspicious gas and I immediately fell unconscious. Then after a while I woke up seeing Alex and the others awake.

"What happens, dude?" I asked.

"I don't know. I suddenly blacken out after that black-out. I then woke up in this strange room." Alex said.

"Where are we?" I asked.

Then a large screen that was supposed to be a white board opened and a man with a mask appeared on the large screen.

"Welcome everyone to your New World. I'm sorry this was supposed to be OLO but this is also your real world and your game world. I am going to call this reality world. *laughs*" the masked man said.

"Don't make a joke about that and let us go." One of our students said.

"Oh sorry I cannot do that because here you are going to choose your own class like you do in the game but the only changes is that there is not race and you cannot modify yourself. Only your outfit can changed and also the color of your hair and hair style like you do in real life. You only have to is press the menu button on your watch. Oh yeah, I forgot. Those watches is your menu like a game. Here's the best part, this world is also like a Virtual Reality but your body is your real body. Don't worry; you will not die for real. Only part of your precious memories will be erased each time you die here. You can live your life like a normal people because the world is the same as the real world. Okay that is all. Now choose you class and go do whatever you like and be careful there are also monsters roaming around the world. Okay Good Bye." The masked man said.

"Who are you? How do we get out of here?" I said calmly.

"I am King Leroy. I am the game master and I am the key to get you all out of this world. You will need at least 1000 magical gems like in the game but in the game you get money every time you get 100 magical gems. Here those 1000 magical gems are the sign of challenge to me. If you collected 1000 magical gems and beat me, the person who beat me will get a reward and also everyone's freedom. So good luck." King Leroy said.

The monitor shut down and everyone is in the state of panic. Everyone started choosing their own outfit and classes and ran out of the room. I pulled Alex and saw he is still as calm as me.

"Good. I thought you became scared and did what the others did." I said to Alex.

"Why would I get scared over that? I think this would change my life. I always wanted to go through the game like in the anime we watch S**** A** O*****. How cool is that? Okay I am going to choose my class. What class are going to pick and what outfit?" Alex said.

"I think I am a Knight Class who uses a longblade. My outfit will be an opened black jacket with black shirt inside. My bottom is a black pants and black rubber shoes. What about you?" I said.

"I chose a Fighter Class that uses martial arts magic. My outfit will be a casual wear with an Orange Shirt with a logo of a game and my bottom is a black pants with black belt in martial arts and black shoes." Alex said.

"Let's go." I said.

So we went out of the room and saw a normal school like in the real world but now the world is full of monsters. So we continue our journey.

Diana's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and saw Carlo, Alicia, Karen and Laura looking worried.

"Where are we?" I said.

"I'll explain everything later. But for now, choose a class and an outfit. Everyone already ran out and you're the only one left that haven't chosen any class." Laura said.

So Laura explains while Carlo teaches me how to use the menu and how to choose class and outfit. After a while, I have done it.

"So where do we start from now?" I asked.

"I think we should level up ourselves and get money for food before we get some magical gem." Alicia said.

"Yeah, Let's do it." I said.

So we went out of the room and went on the journey to survive.