You Say Thing's With Your Mouth

(Tyler's POV)

My relationship with Josh was strong, but not romantic.

I wanted Josh, but who didn't? He had the most beautiful red hair, could actually pull off gauges, and was so kind.

--

"How have you been?" Josh asked as he placed his lunch tray next to me. He smiled a small smile and took a seat on my right side. His skeleton tank top brushing against mine.

"I've been okay." I reply, also, smiling a small smile.

"Okay?" he quirked a brow and took a bite into his 'pizza'

"Yeah, I've just been thinking about..."my mind wandered a bit before I could find the proper words,"College."

"Ew, gross. School started 3 weeks ago, man. Chill."

I chuckled which cause Josh to join.

We sat and ate and talked a little. Some other people sat around us but they didn't talk to us. Josh smiled a lot and he laughed a lot too. His eyes would crinkle and disappear. It was as if, when he smiled, the whole world stopped.

The bell rang and the crowds of other sexually frustrated teens returned to the hallways. Josh normally liked to wait until the crowds left so he wouldn't get trampled. I decided I would wait with him also, since spending time with Josh would be ten times better than being pushed against a locker.

"What are you doing after school?" He asked me

"Not much." I shrugged

"You know it's funny." Josh said, beginning to stand up as the crowds lessened

"What?"

"You always say you have nothing after school but the last couple of times I stopped by your mom said you were out." My ears turned a light shade of red and I put on a smile of embarrassment.

"Fine. I'll show you later-after school-you can stop by my house." I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck, following Josh out of the lunch room

"Great!"

--------

This a teaser.