To understand how you think your world is ending

The sun broke through out of the horizons of the forest to reveal Josh's arms wrapped around my waist. I guess I had fallen asleep in his embrace without having a heart attack or anything.

I heard him groan and I shimmied my way out of his grasp. My feet hit the cold, wooden floor and I stretched my arms almost high enough to touch the ceiling. Josh groaned again and turned to his side, I could hear him beginning to wake up.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked when I heard a yawn escape from his throat. I turned back around to see the magnificent sight of him and his bed head
"I slept great! Especially with you as a source of heat and cuddliness."
He smiled and I giggled in response.

I walked over to my bag and pulled out a bag of potato chips. I could hear josh chuckling
"That's a very balanced breakfast."
Quickly turning around, I threw the bag into his lap. He examined the bag and opened it up.
"Lightly salted, very classy."
I plopped down next to him and pulled out a handful of chips.
---
"Should we be heading home now?" I asked as Josh and I got to the bottom of the bag.
"I guess we should, did you want to meet up later?"
"Nah, I'm sorry I can't. I have piano practice later and plus, you have therapy Saturdays." I ruffled his hair a bit, almost proud of myself that I had remembered about that detail.
"You have a point, Mr. Joseph," I swooned at him calling me that," but what if we meet here later tonight? I can bring food and stuff and you just have to bring a board game or something." He smiled, god I couldn't say no to that smile.
"Fine, I give in. My piano ends at 5 but my mom might make me go on errands with her so just text me when you wanna meet."
--
I'm so sorry I've been gone