Luckily I Can Read Your Mind

"It's a," Josh began,"treehouse?" he stared up and down the tree curiously. I knew he wouldn't be impressed by this, it's just a damn treehouse.

"Do you wanna-umm-come inside?" I began to climb the ladder and watched as Josh followed after me.

I made it to the top to find Lovely sitting on the roof staring down at us with a devious smile on his face. I turned back to Josh, peering inside through the window.

"You brought your bean bags here, I see. And," he took a double take "Is that my sweatshirt?" I began to blush and covered my face hoping he wouldn't notice "Ye-Yeah...they're really soft." was all I could say in response.

He opened up the creaky door and stepped inside. Dust danced around in the sunlight as Josh plopped himself down onto one of the bean bags. I grabbed for my phone to snap a quick picture. He was just too beautiful, how could I not take a picture?

click

"Did you just take a photo of me?" Josh asked, snapping out of his small trance. "Yeah." I responded. I took a seat next to him.

"How did you find this?"

"I-uh-remember when Jenna broke up with me?" Josh nodded in response "It was that night. I went to take a walk, ya know, to clear my head. So I found my way in this forest," I glanced out the window to see Lovely leaning against the wall staring out at the forest, and then back at Josh, "and I found a-um," I began to think, I couldn't possibly tell him about Lovely, he'd think I was insane," I found a cat," yes, a cat, that's believable.

"That's cute, what did it look like?" Josh looked at me with the purest eyes, dammit, I wanted to kiss him.

"It was-uh- gray and small. I brought him back down to the ground because he looked really scared. Then I came back up here and kinda just," I looked around the room to find that Lovely was now lying down on one of the rugs I brought. He looked so, tired and fragile. I so wanted to reach out to him and hold him clo-

"You kinda just?" Josh interrupted my train of thought

"Thought. I kinda just came back up here to think."

Lovely vanished from the room.

--

After an hour of Josh and I just talking and me fighting the urge to kiss him, Josh got a text.

"My mom wants to know were I'm at."

"Tell her that we're camping."

"Okay," He typed something onto his phone and sent the text

"Did you wanna stay here for the night?" I asked as Josh stuffed his phone back into the pocket of his backpack

"Sure! I'd have to stop by my house to get some stuff though."

"Yeah you can do that. I was planning on getting some food for us too so..."

"Um," Josh glanced at his watch

5:27

"I guess we can meet back here in forty minutes?"

I shrugged, he nodded.

We gathered our stuff and followed each other out of the forest and back onto the main road.

"If you need help finding your way back here just text me, okay?"

"Okay."

Josh and I parted ways.

--

"On the first night we spent at the treehouse. I remember you brought your lighter and-"

"You and I didn't spend the night at the treehouse, Glow. Tyler and I did."

--