Dear Friend, Here We Are Pretending

"I love you," Lovely whispered, in the dead of night. Josh stirred quietly in his sleep while I sat still on his bean bag, looking at the window.

"I know I've said this a million times," Lovely continued

"But I've never seen eyes so pretty and a smile to precious." he grazed next to me and left a kiss on my cheek. I flushed and smiled up at Lovely.

We both exited the tree house and escaped to the roof.

"Y-you know that I love you too, right?" I stuttered, shivering a little

"Yeah, I know. But I know you still love Joshua more." Lovely huffed, and watched the mist escape his lips.

"W-well of course I-I love him more. You can't expect me not to, Lov-"

"Tyler?" Josh's voice pierced through the air along with the opening of the tree house door.I let my feet dangle from the edge of the roof, indicating that I was up there.

"I'm here."

"Oh." Josh grunted as he climbed up to the roof as well, his hands pink and nose red.

"What are you-" I cut him off, wrapping my arms around his frame and burying my face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me too, laying his head across my shoulder.

"I'm cold." I murmured into Josh's chest. Lovely looked off into the forest in jealousy before jumping down and running away, leaving us to our devices.

"I can tell, Baby boy."

---

"Did you just go back up there alone?" Josh questioned while we sat together, back inside the tree house. His arms still wrapped around me.

"Y-yeah. I wanted t-to think."

"You think too much, Tyler. One day you're going to wind up dead, with all those thoughts swirling around your head."

"What do you mean? I-I think like how any normal person would t-t-think, Joshua."

"Okay..."

And then we just slept, falling into dreams while in each others arms.

--

I miss being able to upload a chapter every day.