Why YouTube is eventually gonna die

Hello everyone! Guess who's back? Back again? Maggie's back! Tell your friends! ( cue the whitest dancing you will probably ever see) Anyways welcome back to a new chapter! ( finally!) So while I was doing a mixture of being busy because of school and being too lazy to wanna update anything, something colossal happened to YouTube, and I'm not sure if I like it. So here's 7 reasons why YouTube's gonna die eventually.

1. So, basically for the first reason, I'm going to explain what happened to make me update this. For those of you that don't know or you do but it's kinda confusing, whenever you make a YouTube account, whether you're just a watcher or you do YouTube for a living, you have to agree to their terms and conditions. And, although there's a ton of rules on place, no really seemed to care, and unless it was porn, YouTube didn't really do anything to enforce the rules. That is until now. Let's go a little more in depth with the rules.

2. So the first rule I'm gonna run through is you can't have sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humor. I mean, obviously this is the rule that basically says no porn is allowed on YouTube, but then there's partial nudity and sexual humor at the end. The partial nudity one is the one I don't get, especially if it's women YouTubers. Because, that's kinda vague. I mean, muslims consider any woman that's not hiding under a bed sheet partially naked, and plus that could also mean just showing a small amount of cleavage can be considered partial nudity and the video gets flagged for it. And forget about having sexy video game characters in your videos anymore! I think the sexual humor part is pretty self explainatory. It's basically screaming no more dick jokes!

3. On to rule number 2! This rule basically states that the content of the video shall have no violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism. I mean, fair enough, they don't want a video showing someone holding a hostage In a torture chamber on their website. But what if it's a skit where one of the characters get shot, or a news report that shows injured people, or a horror movie trailer where one of the characters die?

4. Content should not have the promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse if such items. Welp, there goes Shane Dawson's channel.

5. Content should have no inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity, and vulgar language. This is basically the rule that almost every single YouTuber has broken on almost every single video. Basically, this rule is saying that swearing is not allowed.

6. Content cannot have controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown. WHAT THE FUCK?! Has YouTube had a brain fart when they wrote this rule and not realized that every single YouTuber has covered a controversial topic at least once?! Oh yeah? You made a video on suicide prevention to try to help people in that situation? Oh how nice. Too bad it's getting flagged! But yeah......that actually happened to a YouTuber that made a video on suicide prevention.

7. So now we get to the main part of this, why is any of this important? Well, it's gonna drastically affect how YouTube is. So basically with these new terms of service, if a video violates any of these rules, you can't put advertisements on it and you get no ad revenue. This basically means that YouTubers can't make money off of it. And, don't get me wrong, there's a lot of YouTubers that don't do it for the sake of being rich, but at the end of the day, making videos is a lot of people's full time jobs and they need money to survive. This means that YouTubers will ignore the terms of service and will eventually get another job or open accounts on other websites like Patreon or Kickstarter so the fans can fund them, or they will water down their content so they can still make a living.

So, I feel that's enough pessimism for one chapter. If you have any topic ideas you think I should look into, leave it down in the comments below and I'll see you in the next chapter. Keep reading!