Why I like Detective Pikachu

So I've recently gotten the chance to watch Detective Pikachu, and while the movie is not perfect, I really enjoyed watching it and wanted to praise it. So, if you haven't watched it yet, please dont read the rest of this because I don't want to be the reason why this got spoiled for you. But anyways, let's go! Here's 7 reasons why I like Detective Pikachu!

1. Ryan Renyolds.........I mean, just Ryan Renyolds.....I know it seems like a weird choice for freaking Pikachu, but he does such a good job and just freaking steals the show. That, and thankfully they give a reason for Ryan Renyolds being Pikachu as well. I know people really wanted Danny DeVito to be Pikachu, but honestly, other than hearing his voice being very amusing, I just don't think he would've been as good. Ryan was just perfect for the role and he seems to have had a lot of fun with it.

2. The Pokemon looks amazing. I know I'm gonna get some backlash for the opinion I have, and I can definitely understand if people disagree with me. The CG can get a little jarring at moments and with certain Pokemon. But, honestly, I think they still hold up and they've done an incredible job. Obviously, the goal wasn't to just make them look exactly like the characters, but to also add some realism and detail and make them look more real and grounded. They actually brought someone on the team that's done a lot of fanart depicting realistic designs of Pokemon to help. Probably the ones I think they've nailed is Pikachu, Psyduck, Bulbasaur, Mewtwo, and that freaking badass Charizard. And do I even need to mention that what we got was way better than what we could've gotten?

 And do I even need to mention that what we got was way better than what we could've gotten?

3. The story is insane. But in a really good way. Honestly, if you've ever seen any Pokemon Movie and/or big, intense episode of the anime series, that's the kind of story you're gonna get here. It's insane and bonkers and super fun.

4. They've included a good variety of Pokemon. They could've just included some fan favorites, and obviously nothing is Pokemon related without Pikachu but they've also included some less popular ones like the lazily designed panda one, the freaky monkey pokemon, Mister Mime, Jigglypuff, Snorlax, and I wouldn't doubt it if they managed to sneak in the freaking trash bag in one of the dumpsters.

5. It's better than the game it's based off of. I haven't had the chance to play it, so I'm going by other peoples opinions and let's plays like the Completionist, but.....yeah, in comparison, the movie's more fun and exciting and epic which sucks when you realize the game can be really boring and bland, aside from Pikachu, of course. The cute mascot was the best part of both, so at least it didn't end up the other way around and Pikachu getting botched in the movie.

6. The creators are aware of the source material, or at the very least, Nintendo being directly involved helped make it seem like they cared. They have a lot of fun acknowledgments and references like everyone falling asleep when Jigglypuff sings, knowing Psyduck sends out freaking shockwaves when he's stressed or confused, Mewtwo's backstory, Pikachu's original voice actress doing the Pika Pika, Team Rockets employers being referenced in Mewtwo's backstory, referencing Pokemon attacks, knowing how the Kubone gets the skull he wears, and many other things as well.

7. They clearly gave a shit about the movie. For once, this ends up actually being a quality video game movie, and one that actually ends up being better than the game it's based off of. And, again, need I remind you what we could've got?

Man, I know the story for Sonic will still probably be shit, but at least he's getting a redesign cause good God! Who on earth thought that this was okay?!

But yeah, that's it for now. If you've seen the movie, let me know what you guys thought or let me know if you wanna see it if you haven't. I assure you, it's worth the tickets. And, if you have anything you want me to talk about, leave it in the comments and I'll get to them eventually. But as always, thank you so much for reading and I'll see you next time. Keep reading!