Chapter 8

I looked down at my little girl, and couldn't believe that I would no longer be having her here all the time. Tears stained my cheeks. She was sound asleep, not even aware of the situation. My world had officially crumpled down to my feet.

Dylan sat beside me, wiping my tears away. He pushed Julianna's hair back, and then ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'm sorry." Dylan says.

"It's not your fault." I said.

"I promised I was going to do anything possible to keep her, and I failed. I'm suppose to protect you both, Nikki." He explains.

I rest my head on his shoulder, and he places his arm around us.

"Please don't beat yourself up." I say. "You did everything possible Dyl. I can't thank you enough."

I peck his lips, and looked at the time. It read 2:50 in the morning. I've been sitting on our bed for the pass few hours holding Julianna in my arms. Who knows when's the last time I will see her. Knowing Michael, I probably won't.

"Him being young was their only excuse for Michael saying those things and those actions. He's probably screwing his lawyer." I said.

"It makes no sense. This guy isn't capable of handling a child. He said it himself." Dylan mentions.

"Do you think, he maybe..."

"Paid them off?" Dylan finished my sentence.

"Yes."

He looked at me, and back down at Julianna.

"It could be a possibility." He said.

I looked down at Julianna, and kissed her forehead. Dylan and I fell asleep shortly after. Julianna stayed in my arms, and Dylan hugged the both of us.

My eyes cracked open, and Dylan was still asleep. I looked at the clock, and it was 8:16. Slowly I creeped out of bed, and walked into the bathroom. My back was slightly hurting, and I felt nauseous. All the baby symptoms were coming in full effect.

"Nicole."

I turned and looked at Dylan.

"Hey." I say.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm just getting baby symptoms that's all." I told him.

Dylan walked up to me, and rubbed my back.

"Try to relax." He says softly.

"I'll try."

But how could I? I thought to myself. In a few hours Julianna would be practically ripped out from my arms, and given to Michael permanently.

We walked back to the bedroom, and Julianna was sound asleep on the bed

"She's so beautiful when she sleeps." I say. "I can't believe this."