Chapter 10

I laid in the hospital bed on my side. I was the only one in the room, as Dylan was outside talking to the doctor. Tears rolling down my cheeks one by one.

Julie was staying with Posey and Holland at the moment. The door was cracked opened, allowing me to hear what the doctor was saying.

"I'm sorry Mr. O'Brien, but we found no heartbeat of the fetus. I'm sorry but, Nicole had a miscarriage."

We found no heartbeat. Those four words that end the life I once had inside me. The four words that change who I was. It will never be the same again. I will never be the same again.

Dylan walked in, and closed the door behind him. He walked up to me, and I covered my face and cried.

He grabbed me, and hugged me

He grabbed me, and hugged me. I can hear him slightly sobbing too.

"Everything is going to be okay." His voice cracked.

I looked at him and tears weld up in his eyes.

"It hurts, Dyl. It hurts like hell. This was suppose to be our baby. You, Julie, the baby, and I. It was going to be our little family." I tell him.

"It's going to hurt a lot right now, Nicole. That's our baby. We will get through this."

He kissed my forehead.

"I love you." I tell him.

"I love you too."

--------

It's been a few days since the miscarriage. I still get nauseous and feel pain. It's just a painful reminder of what could have happen.

"Hey." Dylan says, as he walked into the bathroom. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay." I tell him.

He looked at me, and picked me up. Dylan set me on the counter and placed his forehead on mine.

"I love you. Remember that."

"I love you too."

Dylan kissed me.

"I have an interview today. Hopefully I come home earlier and be with you and Julie. We will stay in tonight and watch a movie." He suggested.

"Is it okay if we don't stay home? Maybe it will be better if we go out. Let's go to the beach or something."

He nodded his head. "Okay."