Chapter 9

"I just got here, Dyl. I will call you when I get home. Bye." I hang up, as I quickly walked into the building.

I made my way towards the office, and got to the front counter.

"Hi. I'm Nicole Vargas. Julianna's mom." I said.

"Oh yes. Julianna is right back here, I will get her."  Tammy says.

"Thank you."

Julianna comes out through the side door. Her clothes were baggy, her face was dirty. Her hair wasn't even brushed.

"Umm, I know this is known of my business but, is she staying with her father?" Tammy asked.

"He won full custody of her." I whispered.

"It looks like he doesn't deserve it. She's been coming to school late, and he's been coming also very late to pick her up. I've spoken to her and she explains to me that Michael really doesn't pay attention to her. She's always hungry too." She explains.

"He doesn't deserve her." I say.

I was so angry. How could he do this to his child?

"I'm going to take her home. I can't believe this. Michael is going to regret this." I told her.

"I hope you take him back to court. You deserve her. If you need anything, let me know." Tammy tells me.

"Thank you. Oh trust me, I will."  I said.

I grabbed Julie's hand, and walked her to my car. Other than how she looked, I was so glad to see her.

"Let's strap you in baby."

I buckled her up in her car seat. Not a word left her lips since I seen her.

"Are you okay? I'm going to take you back to our house, okay?" I push her hair behind her ears.

"You don't love me. You and Dylan didn't want me." Julianna speaks.

"What?" I say confused.

"You don't love me! You-you and Dylan didn't want me anymore!" She yells, as she cries.

"No baby. That's not true. I love you. Dylan loves you too. We wanted you baby. We still do." I tell her.

"No you didn't! Daddy told me you both didn't." She says.

Julianna begins to cry. I unbuckled her, and hugged her.

"I love you baby. I love you so much. I never said that. You mean so much to me baby girl."

"I don't want to go back with him." She hugs me.

"I won't let that happen. Let's go home."

I kissed her forehead, and buckled her back up.

When I got home, I grabbed Julianna's hand, and took her to the bathroom. I began to take off her shoes, and remove her dirty clothes. Never did my daughter look like this.

I ran the warm water, and helped her inside.

"Nicole!" I hear Dylan yell through the hall.

"I'm in here!" I yell back.

I finish showering Julie, and wrapped the soft yellow towel around her body.

"Let's look to see if we have clothes for you."