Chapter 3

Chapter 3.
Adam's POV.
"Adam Charles Davenport, what is he talking about?" Mr. Davenport demanded.
He never calls me by my full name unless I'm in a ton of trouble, so I knew this was serious.
"Um...Leo was joking?" I said, but it sounded more like a question.
I weakly laughed as Mr. Davenport crossed his arms and Tasha did the same.
"Adam, lab. Now." Mr. Davenport said as he got up.
I sighed and followed him, leaving my poor lasagna at the mercy of Leo. When I got down there, I sat down in one of the bar stools.
"Adam I can't believe you would lie to me about this. It means I kidnapped you!" Mr. Davenport yelled.
"I'm sorry. The reason I left in the first place was because of my family...at least my dad." I explained.
Mr. Davenport started looking at me closely....very closely.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Adam...what was your dad's name?" Mr. Davenport asked.
"Douglas." I replied, and noticed Mr. Davenport had a shocked expression on his face.
"Adam...what did he look like?" I asked.
"He had weird spiky hair and brown eyes. He was really mean to me and..." I explained, before remembering that I was gonna keep Bree and Chase safe.
"And who Adam?" Mr. Davenport asked calmly as he put his hand on my shoulder.
"No one." I lied, hoping he would believe me.
"Adam. Where does he live?" Mr. Davenport asked.
"Maine." I sighed.
"You and I are gonna go visit Douglas." Mr. Davenport said.
"No! We can't!" I yelled.
"Why not Adam?" Mr. Davenport asked.
"Well, you can't. I promised someone that I would go back for them...and I don't want you to do it. It's my mission." I explained.
"Adam, you are not going across the country by yourself!" Mr. Davenport yelled.
I started getting really mad...really, really mad and I saw my plasma grenades start glitching. Then one hit my "father"
"Mr. Davenport!" I yelled as I knelt down to him.
I decided to leave then. No one was stopping me.
"Bye Mr. Davenport...I'm sorry." I whispered.
I got up and went out the door, knowing where I was going. I got into my car and started driving to Maine.