Chapter 9

Chapter 9.
Adam's POV.
Tasha went with Daniel and Bree to find some empty guest rooms for them to sleep in while Mr. Davenport made their capsules and Leo and I were watching TV. Then Mr. Davenport came downstairs and I immediately went over to him.
"How's Chase?"
"Sleeping. He's ok, Adam."
Then he went down to the lab.
"How come you never acted that concerned about me?" Leo asked.
"Cause the worst injury you have ever gotten was when you smacked your finger on the fridge." I fired back, making Leo look at me with a embarrassed look before yelling
"That is painful, Adam!"
And left. I went upstairs to where Chase was and noticed he was whimpering in his sleep. I gently sat down near him and then I heard some clear words through the mumbles and whimpers.
"Don't hurt me, Douglas. I won't do it again."
Chase was having a nightmare. Now I had to decide to let him sleep and suffer or wake up and possibly have another panic attack. I finally decided to wake him up, but gently.
"Chase. Chase, wake up." I whispered in his ear as I gently laid my hand on his shoulder.
After a few minutes, he finally woke up before trying to sit up and failing.
"Hey, take it easy. You still need to rest. The only reason I woke you up was because you were having a nightmare."
"I'm ok Adam." Chase weakly smiled as he settled down.
"Ok then. Are you hungry?" I asked.
"A little." He sighed before his stomach growled loudly. "Ok, a lot."
"I'll go get you something to eat." I said as I started to leave.
"Adam, don't leave." Chase suddenly begged.
"Why can't I leave?" I asked mindlessly as I went back to Chase, who was looking at me with fear in his eyes.
"I'm...I'm scared, Adam." Chase admitted before adding. "What if Douglas comes back?"
"Chase. You are safe here. Ok? Just relax. I'll go get you something to eat." I smiled as I squeezed his hand gently before leaving the room.
Tasha and Bree were in the kitchen, already starting to bond...I came to get food for Chase, not hear "girl talk", whatever that is.
"Tasha, Chase is hungry." I interrupted as I sat on a bar stool.
"Alright, I'll get him something real quick." Tasha said as she stood up and handed me some of, once again, my pudding.
"I don't get a say in this, do I?" I asked as I grabbed a spoon and a glass of water.
"Adam, I'll buy you some more pudding when your siblings are comfortable. Now go give that to Chase." Tasha ordered as she pointed at the stairs.
I sighed as I went up the stairs, when I felt someone collide with me on the stairs, making me almost fall and spill the cup down my shirt. I looked to see it was Daniel.
"Daniel?! What the heck?!"
"Sorry, I was just coming down the stairs! Watch where you are going next time!"
"You can't order me around in my own house, Shrimp. Maybe you should watch where you are going!"
"Just get out of my way." He sighed as he pushed past me.
I went into the bathroom to refill Chase's drink before bringing it into his room.
"Hey buddy, I brought you some pudding. I also brought you a drink." I smiled as I helped him get into a sitting position, propped up on pillows.
"Why are you all wet?" He asked.
"Daniel collided into me when I was coming up here and I spilled it on my shirt. I'm gonna change in a minute." I explained as I sat down on the edge of the bed.
"Ok. Thanks." He smiled as he pretty much devoured his pudding.
I took the empty package from his hands and put it in the waste basket as his eyes started to droop, but he tried to keep them open.
"Don't fight it, Chase. You need to get some sleep." I smiled as I ran my hand through his hair.
His eyes closed after I said that, and I went down to the lab to get my new shirt. Hopefully, nothing else would happen to Chase.
Douglas's POV.
"Done!" I yelled as I flipped the switch.
My creation opened his eyes and looked around.
"What is happening?" He asked as I undid the wrist straps holding him to the table.
"I need your help." I sighed as I pulled up a picture of Adam, Bree, Chase and Daniel from my surveillance camera and showed it to the boy. "I need you to get them back. They are my kids. Can you do that for me?" I asked.
He nodded and raised his eyebrow...that would get annoying fast, but I shook it off.
"Then go get them, Marcus." I smiled.
His eyes flashed green as I sent him the coordinates and he sped out the door. My kids would be back before I knew it.
What's gonna happen next?
Please check out my contest guys and nominate someone or a story for any categories you can! ;)
Over and out.
Susz13.