Chapter 6

Chapter 6.
Adam's POV.
"Bree, why are you attacking me?!"
"Mr. Douglas said I'm not allowed to let anyone in or out while he is gone. It's called trespassing, you idiot." Bree explained, still pressing her foot on my body.
"Bree, you don't recognize me? It's Adam. Your older brother." I pleaded.
"You mean the older brother who abandoned me when I was five, left me alone to take care of Chase and then Daniel!?" Bree screamed.
"Who's Daniel?" I asked curiously.
Bree suddenly took her foot off of me and I stood up quickly.
"Thanks." I smiled, but it was returned with fear.
"Mr. Douglas is back, you have to hide."
I followed her to a room and ducked behind a few canisters of probably something toxic. Then I saw Douglas, and he hadn't changed a bit. My fury was almost impossible to control because of him.
"Bree! Get your brother, then send Daniel in here for training!" He suddenly barked at my baby sister.
She nodded, sped into the room Douglas had come out of, coming back with a teenage boy, and sending a blonde haired, even younger teen in. She set the older one on the couch and once the door closed, she motioned for me to come over there. I walked over to see that the teenage boy was covered in scars, bruises, scratches and blood.
"Is that Chase?" I asked quietly in disbelief as I gripped his hand.
Bree nodded "Ever since you left, Chase had been questioning everything Mr. Douglas made us do. At first, because Chase was four, we brushed it off as nothing and maybe a side effect of his super intelligence telling him it wasn't good. Then it started getting worse. He would occasionally listen to Mr. Douglas, but not most of the time. When he was seven, he slapped Mr. Douglas. That was the last straw for him. He started abusing him, but he wouldn't do it himself. He made the simulations do it for him. At one point...he made the simulations abuse him...but it was...I don't even want to talk about it. He did it for five days straight until Chase said he would listen better. He lied of course, and still acts out, but quits and behaves for a few days so...that, never happens again." Bree explained as she started examining his wounds.
"I...I shouldn't have left. I could've prevented this. I could've taken you with me. This is all my fault." I cried silently as I grasped onto Chase's hand tighter.
"Adam, be careful. You could hurt Chase's hand. And none of us could. Douglas made the area around the door have bionic signal interceptors. So you wouldn't be able to punch it down. Plus he only lets one person in at a time, unless we HAVE to do something as a team, which rarely happens." Bree explained as she ran her hand through Chase's hair.
"So why did Mr. Douglas make Daniel?" I asked as Bree started taking off Chase's shirt for a better look at the injuries he had sustained.
Bree ran out of the room and came back with some bandages before starting. "After looking for you for a year with absolutely no luck, he decided he would make a replacement, only make him more powerful then you, which really stinks because I want a sister, he made Daniel with the ability of power replication. Meaning he can just touch a bionic human or bionic android, and he has his ability, but if he touches another one, he gets the other ability and the last one is gone."
"That was a lot of words." I stuttered before looking down at Chase again, instantly regretting it.
"That side wound, it needs to be stitched up." Bree sighed as she touched the skin around it, making Chase hiss in his unconscious sleep.
"You can do that?" I asked.
"No I can't. I would ask Mr. Douglas, but he wouldn't do that." She sighed again as she finished wrapping the wounds before touching her hand on Chase's forehead, pulling it back immediately.
"What's wrong?" I asked curiously, but concerned at the same time.
"He's had a fever for the past few days. Mr. Douglas doesn't care, so he still makes him train his hardest. Now it's getting worse and I don't know what to do." She explained as she brushed a bit of sweaty hair out of his eyes.
"Bree, do you and Chase wanna come home with me?" I asked.
"Where do you live?" She asked.
"I live with Donald Davenport, Tasha Davenport and their son Leo Dooley in a mansion. I go to school with Leo, plus do a lot of other stuff. I go on missions, but to help people. Wouldn't you like to help people, Bree?" I asked.
"I will go with you, on two conditions." Bree sighed.
"What are they?" I asked.
"Daniel and Chase come with us. They cannot live in this terrible place anymore then I can. And whoever is there can help Chase with his wounds and recovery." She explained.
"Deal." I smiled.
"Then let's go home."
Wahoo! Their going home!
Over and out.
Susz13.