dreaming • osamu, dazai

author's note•
hi! this is an angsty one-shot so if you don't like angst, please don't read :-)
this is also requested by @ChuuyasHat !
i think this is okay. sorry if this doesn't meet your standards.
by the way: this is mafia dazai, not agency dazai, as in this one-shot dazai's with chuuya.
anyways, enjoy the one-shot!!

| dreaming • osamu dazai |

dazai had been miserable the past few weeks, he spent hours mourning. mourning over your death that is. he cared about you so much, but he let you slip away from his fingers.

"dazai!" a high-pitched scream came from the alleyway.
dazai could hear his heartbeat in his ears, your voice replaying in his head.
"(y/n)." he says, relieved to find you in a alleyway. his relief was then gone when he saw a gun pointed at your stomach.
"hands off her immediently."
"move a muscle and she dies."
dazai brought his gun out and shot the shooter quickly, hearing an audible gunshot echo through the air.
the mysterious man fell to the floor with a thump, but so did you.
"(y/n)!" dazai yells, running over to you.
he held your bloody hand.
"i love you dazai." you whispered, clutching your stomach.
"n-no. (y/n). your gonna stay with me. the mafia's gonna help you i pro-"
"dazai. n-no. i'm already d-dying." you say weakly, blood running down your lip. your body were shaking with every move.
"stay alive for m-" then all your pain was gone, you had died happily.
dazai was in tears.
"dazai move it!" chuuya says pulling his arm.
"no! i can't leave her here!" dazai says shaking him off and crawling back to your body.
"she's a goner dazai! can't you see that she's dead?!" chuuya yells, his eyes filling with tears.
dazai cried even harder when chuuya said those words.
"dazai, i know. it's a loss. c'mon. let's get back to the mafia hideout." he said pulling him up and dragging him. leaving your dead body there.

"dazai, you should be over her death already. just have a bite." he said, holding up food to dazai's mouth.
"i'm not hungry."
"it's been days since you've ate. i know you're hungry, please eat."
"no thanks." dazai gets up and slings his black trenchcoat on his shoulder and sulks back to his room.
'this guy needs help.' chuuya thinks to himself.

"dazai get up, you've been up here for weeks, eating instant ramen and crackers." chuuya says, trying to step through the pile of ramen packets.
"you're not gonna see her again, just get over it." chuuya says.
"just let me sleep, chuuya. get out of my room." dazai says resting his head on the pillow.
chuuya leaves the room, leaving dazai alone.
after quite a while, dazai falls asleep.
he had a weird dream.

there was a boy and a girl.
they're happy together, married, kids.
the perfect family. no fights, no arguments.
the husband loved the wife dearly, as much as dazai loved you.
"i missed you. i guess this is the afterlife." the wife says, smiling at the husband.
"afterlife...?" the husband says confused.
"yeah. don't you remember, dazai?"

dazai woke up in an instant.
a dream about him and (y/n) in the past life...
"chuuya!" dazai yells, running down the stairs as fast as he can. he skidded to a stop.
"chuuya! i'm gonna see (y/n) in the afterlife! i'm gonna see her again!"
"what the hell? you're crazy, what got you jacked up in the head?" chuuya says taking a sip of his scotch.
"i had a dream about the afterlife! i'm gonna see (y/n) again!"

dazai kept having dreams about the afterlife.
each time it was a different scenario between the husband and the wife.
all that was mentioned that he dream was in the after life. dazai's new future life.

"dazai, you're not gonna see her in the afterlife. stop trying."
"i will!" he says, grabbing his coat and walking out of the hideout.

later that day, dazai was found dead.
in his afterlife, he was married. to a beautiful girl.
(long/short) (h/c) and her eyes, (e/c).
she was beautiful, that was a fact.