eight

dear diary,

Lauren just left and I wish she could've stayed a little bit longer. Dinah and Normani just watched Beyonce on TV and I knew Lauren wasn't interested so I asked her if she wanted to sit outside in our backyard.

I apologized to her for not watching an actual movie, and I also asked her a lot of questions, not in a creepy way of course but we talked and we got to know eachother.

She said that she was really close to her parents, she mentioned that she was a very happy person but after they had passed away she shut the entire world out, nothing else mattered to her and she had to leave Miami and live with her aunt.

ALSO!! She said I was pretty, and I wanted to scream and run to Dinah and Mani, but I had to keep it cool.

She also thanked me for being her friend. Who wouldn't want to be her friend though? She was beautiful, her eyes were sparkly and I noticed that she uses her hands a lot when she talks and explains things and I love how she was so open to me about her parents, not most people want to talk about it.

But I told her that she could talk to me, that maybe talking about it would help instead of keeping it all inside, so she did and I listened, she had a tear come down but she quickly wiped it away and laughed it off.

I don't know, I really like Lauren, I hope she feels the same way, but even if she doesn't, I'm still going to be here for her regardless.

-a.b.h