CH4

Katie's POV

As class let out I grabbed my practice gear and drug Bryant out to the baseball field to the bleachers he was my first real friend outside of the team so for me this was a big deal.

I was in the locker room (I had my own personal section since I was the only girl) when my phone went off breaking me out of my pre practice trance I had just finished lacing my cleats and decided to check my phone.

I was secretly hoping it was something important like Joan was having a stroke or Johnathan finally realized he was with the wrong girl and he really wanted me or maybe my dad was calling we haven't talked in awhile.

I opened my phone and looked at the message I clutched my phone tighter as white hot rage pulsed through my system I couldn't break another phone so I dropped the electronic in my bag as I grit my teeth thinking about what I just read.

*Hey I'm Niki's sick and I'm kinda on my own so do you wanna hang I can come to your practice and we can go out to eat afterwards**-J

I laughed dryly as I pulled on my batting gloves and gripped my bat of course always the second choice to Johnathan to Joan and even to Dad he couldn't handle Joan and it was me or freedom he chose freedom if only I could do the same well I had all this anger I guess I should put it to good use let's play ball.