3

It's been a week since the whole scheme and I've given up. Realizing there wasn't anything stopping pa, I decided to get revenge by making him pay for all the expenses. I've been dragging him around to all the shops and venues and tiring him out. The only thing that bothers me still is how Theo didn't react and just went with all of this. Even though I'm secretly glad it's Theo, for me this is so weird and out of the blue and I'm sure it is for him too but he hasn't even flinched at the sound of marriage.

--------------
Theo's POV

It's only been a week since I moved back home and chaos has already engulfed my house. As soon as I stepped in the house my mom told me I was getting married and my dad was on the phone with pops.

It was one hell of a welcome.

I had heard the story before and my parents joked about how they were lucky each family had daughters but I found myself imagining Maya and me.. Even though it was more of a "what if" scenario. Now that this was my reality, I felt trapped and lost. For the first week I didn't talk to my parents and just drifted through the day. When I finally said no, my parents blew up.

After her father died, my mom was basically raised by pops and treats him like her own father. She adores him and loves him and nothing would stop her from giving him what he wanted.

You would think my dad would at least defend me or at least be a little more supportive, but he treats pops as his father too. My dad was orphaned at 18 and so pops took him in and gave him a job. He ended up meeting my mom through pops, so yeah... They're blind followers.

After getting lectured for the hour on how our family owed pops so much, I ended up giving in cuz I knew everyone would stop at nothing to get me married. After finally accepting it, I couldn't help but imagine living with Maya. We kind of grew up together and I was always looking after her and picking her up every time she fell and got hurt as a kid. I remember always pushing her on the swings and picking her up from middle school when I was in high school. She was kind of like a little sister, but after allowing myself to process everything, I started seeing her as a girl... A woman... and I didn't hate the idea of marrying her anymore.

The next day we picked pops up from the airport and I drove him to his place so we could break the news to Maya... all I knew was that all hell was gonna break loose...
--------------
Maya's POV

My dream wedding was never a big, extravagant one but with the idea of getting revenge, I had Pa reserve a whole resort by the beach and I even had him get a band and made him pay for a huge honeymoon trip. Every time he complained or tried to wiggle his way out, I told him I wouldn't marry Theo and call the police on him. Lol he'd shut up and then sign the receipt. But my revenge was bittersweet cuz I wasn't sure what to do with high school and my friends.

Besides my closest friend, I decided to not tell anyone and keep it on the down low till after we graduate but I'm scared that somehow everyone would find out.

With only one more sleep till the wedding, I was restless and kept imagining all these different scenes in my head about the wedding and the kids at school finding out. I must have fallen asleep though, cuz the next thing I know, my mom was waking me up.

Sadie, my best friend, helped me get ready and she helped calm my nerves. Even though she was really shocked at the news she said it didn't surprise her that pops set everything up. She said I was lucky that at least I knew who I was getting married to and deep down I felt like I was lucky and really did have a crush on Theo since we were kids. 

"You know I think we could keep this a secret til Prom!" Since our school was let out earlier than other schools, our prom was a week after classes ended and a few days before graduation.

"I don't know. I kinda don't want anyone to find out. Especially the part that it's arranged..."

"Who cares what people think. Once they take a look at Theo they'll be jealous anyways." Sadie only talked about how hot Theo was. I never really looked at him that way before but I was starting to... I wonder how he sees me now...

"I can't believe after all the swim meets your family went to, you never thought Theo was hot. The first time I went and saw him get out of the pool-" Sadie kept going on and on and soon I fell into a day dream and thought of us when we were younger. Theo was always good looking but he was always the annoying big brother so I never saw him that way. Now that I look back though, he was always there for me and I always had a small crush on him.

"Maya! Did you hear me?"

"Hm?"

"I said I packed a surprise in your luggage. You'll see it when you get to your hotel tonight. Make sure to wear it!" Knowing Sadie, it was probably lingerie or something "hot."

"Don't get any ideas Sadie!"

The morning flew by like that. Sadie helping me get ready and teasing me about our "wedding night." By the afternoon, the guests had arrived and it was time to walk down the aisle.