Chapter 4: Wrong People

Phoebe's POV

---------------------------

Lately, it seems like something is going on between Niall and Erica. Something I don't know about. Ever since I saw Louis at the mall, it seems like I have known him forever. We first really started talking at the food court when Niall went to help Erica after her little 'incident.'

Yet, I am still going to the dance with Niall and Erica is going to the dance with Louis. I still like Niall, but I still like Louis too. Why do relationships have to be so difficult?

Erica's POV

"Erica!! Wake up honey!!" Yelled my mom trying to wake me up.

"I'm up, I said for the 50th time!!" I shouted back. I slowly crawled out of bed. Then it hit me. Tomorrow is the night of the Spring Formal. Great. I am excited, yet still pretty nervous. I quickly rush to the shower. The one reason I hate taking showers is it gives me too much thinking time. It makes me over think about things and I end up stressing about it. Like the dance. I have to realize Niall and Phoebe are going together. And I am going with Louis. End of story. I lose myself thinking about all the things that could go wrong as I jump out of the shower and continue getting ready for school.

When Phoebe picks me up for school, I look down to make sure I look okay. I am wearing cobalt blue jeans which bring out the color in my eyes, a crème lace tank top, with brown strappy gladiators, with my hair in a side braid. This is about as fancy as I get.

"Heyyy gurl!!" Shouts Phoebe.

"Well your in a good mood." I respond sullenly.

"Of course I am! Tomorrow night is the dance!" She exclaims. Of course thats why she's happy.

"Haha okay Ms. Perky Pants. Its time for the awful placed called school. Come on." I say.

"Okay okay. I'm coming." She says with a heavy sigh.

Niall POV

"Come on man! We are gonna be late if you don't hurry your butt up! Your takin' too freakin long!" Shouts Louis. I woke up a little late this morning so Louis is nagging me. By late I mean I am supposed to get up at 6 o'clock and I got up at 7:30. School starts at 8 o'clock. It's just I didn't sleep much because I was too busy thinking of Phoebe and Erica. Two beautiful girls. But you can only have one.

The only class I have with Erica is in Literature. Every year we study a new type of poetry.

I walk into class to see the best Literature teacher Mr. Smith sitting behind his desk. I don't really know many people so I go take a seat inbetween Erica and a guy named Harry.

"Goodmorning class!! Today, we will be starting a new topic. The topic this month is Love. Love of money, love of self, and love of others. With love, you can do anything. Without it, you're nothing. Its all about love, folks. You see it right here in the halls. It's why girls wear what they wear and why boys fight for their attention. Everyone's looking for it. Aren't you?" Said Mr. Smith. Wow, I guess I am looking for it. I look over to see Erica fidgeting in her chair. She must feel as awkward as I do right now. By the end of the class we were assigned to read The Scarlett Letter. One of the greatest love novels. This month is going to be interesting.

Erica's POV

Well that was an interesting Literature class. If the rest of this month is going to be this awkward, this is going to be a long year. I could tell I wasn't the only one feeling uncomfortable. Niall sits next to me and during the whole lecture he kept sneaking glances at me. He didn't do a very good job of hiding it. I caught every single glance.

If the rest of this month we are going to be talking about love, while I am sitting next to Niall, I may just have a heart attack. That's how amazing yet nerve-racking it will be. And you don't have to remind me about the dance tomorrow.

The next morning I trudged out of, threw on a t-shirt and my favorite converse and headed out the door. I really didn't feel like trying. I'm lazy like that. I'm dreading fourth period. That's when I have Literature with Niall.

It's finally reached time to head to Literature class. When I reach the classroom, Niall is already seated.

"Hey Erica."

"Hi Niall." I respond as normally as possible. I quickly take a seat as the bell rings.

"Good morning students! Today I will pair you with partners and you will dissect quotes from the first few chapters of 'The Scarlett Letter. These will be your partners all throughout the semester and no you can not change partners, my mind is made up." I wait intently listening for my name to be called. "Erica Johnson will be paired with Niall Horan." He calls out. Oh great. I am going to talk about two people deeply in love with the guy I am deeply in love with. This isn't going to be awkward at all....

Niall's pov

"Oh shoot how am I going to tell Louis about this?" I think. He is going to the dance with Erica and now I'm going to be spending time with her every night for almost the whole next month, or longer. Wow this is going to be tough. As I turn to face Erica she hands me a piece of paper with her number carefully written upon it. She also has written her schedule on the back showing the time in the afternoon she has time to work. Sadly she is very busy between cross country and dance every night. She only has time after all of her practices ending around 8. "Wanna meet at my house every night at 8:15?" I ask.

"Sure sounds good!" She says as I hand her my address. 

This is sure is going to be one heck of a month.