Chapter 5: The Project

Erica's POV

That night, I drove over to Niall's house. I pulled out the piece of paper Niall gave me. On the paper it read: 124 Raithin Rd Mullinger, County West Meath Ireland. I drove down the street until I saw the house with the flag that read: The Horan's. Well, I guess this is his house. I pull into the drive, and am quickly greeted by Niall. He is dressed in acid-washed jeans, a loose flowing tank, perfectly showing off his toned biceps. To top it off, he is wearing a beanie, his hair falling out of it. I thought to myself, "Dang, I want a piece of that." I am going to make this more akward than it needs to be.

Niall's POV

As I step out into the cold night, Erica is climbing out of her car. She is beautiful without even trying. She has on a t-shirt, tight yoga pants showing off her ass perfectly, and her hair wrapped in a messy bun. Yet so casual, she is still an incredible sight. I love it.

"Hey Niall." she says with an adorable grin.

"Hi Erica, you ready to work on that project?" I said more akwardly than necessary.

"Uh, I guess." she responds.

"Okay, well here let me help you carry your bag." I said taking her bag off her shoulder.

"Thanks." She said with a smile.

"Here, lemme show you to my room. My mom is having book club, so the den and kitchen are taken." I say.

"Okay." She says with a sloppy grin.

I reach the top of the steps, and hold out the door for her.

"This is a... great room you have." she says as she glances around the room. "What is this?" she asks holding up my song book.

"Oh, nothing." I say hurridly while reaching over to grab it from her. I don't want her to see some of the stuff in there.

"Oh come on Niall. You can't have too many secrets." she says with a mischevious grin while opening the notebook. She opens the book and starts reading before I can protest. "Wow, some of this is good Niall. I didn't know you sing." she says.

"Um.. yeah. I have been writing my own songs lately." I said.

"Can you play one for me?" she asks uncertainly.

"Sure." I said. I pull out my guitar and start strumming.

Baby, let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes. You've been lonely, you don't even know me, but I can feel you crying.

I look up and meet her eyes. They are full of tears.

"That was beautiful."she says.

"It's really not that great." I said shyly.

"Are you kidding? It's amazing!" She exclaimed.

"Really? Thanks!" I said with a sheepish smile.

"Here, you have something on your cheek." I say reaching over to brush it off. When I lean over I look into her crystal blue eyes you could melt into. I have built up enough courage to do what I have been wanting to do for ever. I lean in for a kiss, but she puts her hand on my chest, pushing me away.

"I'm sorry, but we can't do this. Tomorrow is the Spring Formal and we have different dates. It's not right." She says, then dashes out the door.

"Wait!!" I yell, but by the time I reach her, she is already pulling out of the driveway. I might have just ruined any chance I have of being with her.

Erica's POV

He just tried to kiss me. I would've gladly kissed him back, but I can't to that to Phoebe. She's my best friend, I couldn't do that to her. She seems like she really likes him. But the good thing for me is, it seems like Niall might like me too. That one moment gives me just a little sliver of hope.

------------------------------