Chapter 6: The Day of the Dance

Erica's POV

The next morning I woke up with a tear stained face. I was so confused last night about everything going on. Niall tried to kiss me, but he is going to the Spring Formal with Phoebe. It makes no sense. Then, he sang me that beautiful song. What if the song was about me or Phoebe? I slowly rise out of bed, getting ready for school. You don't have to remind me, tonight is the dance. I quickly throw in jeans, and tank top, and my Toms, then head out the door.

That day at school was a drag. We had to sit through a lecture about drugs. Not to use them, all that bullcrap. Just my luck, the lecture ends right before fourth period. As soon as the let out, I make a bee-line to my locker to grab my books. Unfortunately, I accidently hit my hand on the hook in my locker causing my hand to start bleeding. Of course, forcing me to go to the nurse's office to get some Neosporin and a band-aid. They make you go to the nurse's office for the stupidest things.

After waiting in the nurse's waiting room for what seems like forever, I finally get my band-aid and head to fourth period.

When I walk into Mr. Smith's class, everyone turns to look at me.

"Where have you been Ms. Johnson?" Asks Mr. Smith.

I hold up my note and reply, "I had to go to the nurse's office, sorry for disturbing the class."

"Don't give me excuses, just hurry up and take your seat." He responds. I nod quickly and take my seat next to Niall.

"What happened?" Whispered Niall as Mr. Smith goes on about writing techniques.

"Nothing bug. I just scraped my hand in my locker and had to go get some meds and a band-aid." I reply back.

"Good, Mr. Smith said we will be working on the project in a second." As soon as he says that, I felt a blush creep up burning my face. He looks at me noticing, and gives a sloppy grin.

"Class, I am going to give you only 10 minutes to get as much done on your project as possible. So you better get to work!" Announces Mr. Smith. Niall and I shuffle around, gathering our papers.

"We need to get as much done as possible since we can't get together tonight, because of the dance." I say.

"Okay yeah." Niall says, seeming unfocused.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Um yeah. I just don't want what happened last night to make things more awkward." He says.

"Oh okay. Forget it ever happened." I respond.

"Forget what?" He says with a grin. After we got that over with, we have gotten quite a bit of work done. Soon enough, it was time for the end of class.

"Bye Niall. I guess I will probably see you tonight." I say.

"Yeah okay. Bye." He says, still seeming distant.

At the end of the day, Phoebe and I went out to get our hair and nails done for the dance.

Once we finish at the salon we head in our separate ways. I am excited about tonight but there is one thing, Niall, I can't get him off my mind. It is literally driving me crazy thinking about him. I hope tonight I will be able to figure out who I really want in my life.