Chapter 7: The Dance

Niall's pov

"Come on man lets get out of here," I say as I am handed the flowers from the shop with Louis while for the dance tonight. "Are you excited?" I ask him as we get in the car. "Ya I'm buzzing!" He quickly shoots back at me.

Now the thing is ever since Erica came to my house last night she has literally been filling my thoughts. I know I was stupid for leaning in for a kiss, but it felt so right. I don't know what I was exactly thinking but now I'm for sure there is definitely something about her that I can't live without.

"Bye, see you in 2 hours man" Louis pulls me out of my thoughts of her once again. As he gets out of the car I realize I have exactly 2 hours until I have to be at Phoebe's house. Wait a second I don't know her address! How the hell could I have forgotten. I quickly text her and luckily she texts back quickly.

Once I have my tux on and I'm ready to go I grab my phone and shove it in my pocket. When I arrive at the address I get out of my car and walk up to the mansion of a house and wait at the door. When a man wearing a tux opens the door I quickly learn how rich her family really is. As I walk in Phoebe almost runs straight into me. I have to admit she looks beautiful in her dress. Oh my gosh what is wrong with me one minute I am daydreaming of Erica then then the next I am drooling over Phoebe. Fuck I need to get a handle on this. Maybe after tonight I will have a better understanding of which one I like since oddly my formal date doesn't even know me very well, not to mention I don't have a clue about her.

Erica's POV

We arrive at the dance to see the front entrance decorated in all different shades of blue balloons, with blue orchids and white roses everywhere. The theme this year is Picture Perfect, trying to capture our memories. In the corner of the gym, there is a small booth set up to get your picture taken. Right now, there is a couple holding a picture frame in front of them kissing. You can tell they are in love. We walk over to the punch bowl, where we see Phoebe and Niall standing. My heart drops to the bottom of my stomach. Phoebe looks gorgeous standing there in her teal dress. Niall has his arm protectively wrapped around her waist. Phoebe sees us and runs over to me wrapping me up in a huge hug.

"Hiiii!! You look gorgeous!" She exclaimed.

"So do you!" I yelled back. We turned around to see Niall and Lou giving each other slaps on the back.

"It's a good thing our boyfriends are best friends." She whispered in my ear. I had never considered Louis as my boyfriend. Just merely a friend who needed a date, so he asked me.

"Yeah." I respond quietly. Louis makes his way over to me and puts his arms around my shoulder. Does he not know we are at a formal dance? He acts like we are the best of friends, treating me like one of the guys. This is odd. Niall treats me like I am the only girl in the world, like a gentleman.

"Let's go get our groove on!" Louis shouts over the thumping bass, as he grabs my wrist, pulling me towards the dance floor. People should get a f-ing room. People are grinding on each other, twerking on each other. Come on, this is a school dance. Louis starts going old school by busting out the sprinkler. Waving his hands back and forth. Haha he can crack me up. But is he the one for me?

We hear a loud taping then, "Hello? May I have your attention please?" Said our principal Mrs. Greene. All eyes turned to face the stage.

"We will now crown our Picture Perfect king and Queen. First, we will do our Picture Perfect Queen. She is known widely around the school for her kindness towards others. She has always put others before her. She is a member of The Beta Club, the chorus, Student Council, and many more. So please help me introduce, our Picture Perfect Queen, Ms. Phoebe Cannon!!" Phoebe looks at us with a huge look of shock on her face.

"Oh my God!! Did yall know about this?!" She yelled.

"No, of course we didn't! Go get your crown girl!!" I yell. Phoebe runs up to the stage to get her crown. well, wobbles because she is in 4in heels. Mr. Greene places the crown atop her head, and a girl runs up and hands her a boquet of roses.

"And now, for our Picture Perfect King!!" shouted Mr. Greene. "He is known widely around the school for his help in our mentoring progam, on the soccer/football team, Honor Society, and much more. Now give a warm welcome to our Picture Perfect King, Mr. Louis Tomlinson!!!!" He announced. Louis stands there just as shocked as Phoebe. But then he started whooping and hollering and jumping up and down. Niall slapped him on the back as he ran towards the stage. Well, this is akward. Now, it is just me and Niall.

"Strange huh? Our dates both happened to be King and Queen!" Yelled Niall over the thumping music.

"Yeah. It is kinda odd." I replied back.

"It's now time for our King and Queen dance! Grab that special someone and join in." Announced Mr. Greene. Oh gosh. Both of our dates are up there. I start to head over to the snack table, when Niall grabs me by the wrist, pulling me to him.

"Just because our dates aren't here, doesn't mean we shouldn't dance too. Would you do me the honor of dancing with me?" He asks with a cheeky grin.

"I would be honored too!" I said doing a little curtsy. Niall then led me to the floor where Phoebe had her head rested on Louis' chest.

Niall rested his hands on my lower hips and I intertwined my fingers around his neck. He has no idea how fast my heart is beating.

"So.. Let's play ten questions." He said.

"Okay, I will go first. What is the most emotional movie for you? I ask.

"Oh no. This is going to be embarrassing!" He says.

"Well, you have to answer." I say with a smile.

"Okay okay. It's either Finding Nemo or The Notebook." He says

"Aww. That's so cute! I would have to say mine is The Last Song."

"Okay, now my turn." He says with a grin. "Question 2, What is your favorite scary movie?"

"Um probably Prom Night."

"Really? Me too!"

"Wow, that's awesome! Okay, question 3 who are you closest to?"

"That would have to be my mom. She was always there for me growing up and I could tell her everything." He says, his face turning red.

"No, don't be embarrassed. I would have to say the same about me."

"Yeah, there is just something about moms. Um. Question 4 Do you have any siblings?" He asks.

"Yes, I have one younger sister who is thirteen. Her name is Sierra. You?"

"I have one older brother, his name is Greg. He Is twenty four, and has a few month old son,Theo.

"Aww, that's awesome so your an uncle!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I am." He said with a smile.

"Okay, my turn. Question 5, What is the best gift you have ever received?"

He responded, not even giving it thought, "My first guitar when I was 10. Best day of my life." He said with a sigh.

"Mine would have to be My great grandmother's engagement ring. She died and my grandmother gave her two most valuable and treasured items to me and my sister. I hope to wear it one day as my engagement ring."

"Wow, that's sweet. I can tell she meant a lot to you. Now, question 6 have you ever had braces?"

"Nope, my teeth have always been this perfect." I said with a chuckle.

"Lucky! My teeth were messed up!" He yells.

"Haha, so question 7, where are you originally from?" I ask.

"Originally from here. I have lived here my whole life. You?"

"I actually am from London, we had to move for my dad's job change." I respond.

"Question 8 What is your goal in life?" I ask.

"I want to be a singer and eventually audition for x factor maybe."

"Aww thats so cool I wish I could sing" I add.

"Alright question number 9, Who do you love?" he asks.

"Truefully, you" I say. "Ok now my turn, The final question, who do you love?"

"Right now, you" he says.

My cheeks grow brighter than a rose. "I can't believe this is happening!" I think to myself.

Before I even finished my train of thought all I see is his big blue eyes staring into mine as he leans in. He grabs my waist and pulls me in tight, his body touching mine. Then he kisses me. In the middle of the dance floor Niall Horan, my crush, kisses me. With his lips touching mine I feel like we are the only two people in the universe... and I wish it could stay that way.

___________________________