Chapter 12: You must be Erica.

Erica's POV.

I'm so excited, yet so nervous. Niall said he wants to take me for a surprise. This outta be interesting. I slowly padded over to my closet and decided what to wear. Niall had said to dress casual. So I finally decided on sky blue jeans, a floral tank top, and my stone-washed Toms. I throw my hair in a loose fishtail braid and wait for Niall to arrive. I am sitting on my front porch when I see Niall pull up in his cobalt blue truck. When he sees me, a huge grin appears on his face. I start walking to the car, and Niall jumps out and opens the door for me.

"After you m'lady." Niall says as he bows.

"Thank you kind sir." I say with a posh accent. Once we are in the car, I ask, "So where are we going?"

"Well. My mother has been wanting to meet you, even though we have only been together a couple of days. So I decided, why not tonight?" I say.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've dressed nicer and looked better. What if she doesn't like me?" I say panicking.

"Babe. Calm down, you look great. If they love you half as much as I love you, you will be fine. Trust me, if I didn't really like you, I wouldn't have asked you to come meet my mother. Since we have only been dating a few days." He says putting his hand over mine atop the console.

"Thanks." I say with a weak smile.

"Just be yourself. That's what I love most about you." He says

"Ha thanks." I say.

"We are here!" He shouts as we pull into a cutesy white brick house with blue shudders.

"Your house is beautiful." I breathe.

"Aw thanks." He says then plants a loving kiss on my cheek. "You ready?" He says when we are on the front porch.

"When you are." I say, just as he opens the door.

"Niall?" I hear a voice call out.

"It's me and Erica mum." Niall says.

"Oh hello! I'm in the kitchen." She says. We walk into a beautiful kitchen where a older woman is standing, pulling something out of the oven.

"You must be Erica!" She exclaims, wrapping me in for a hug. "I'm Maura." She says, as she pulls away.

"Nice to meet you as well! Is there anything I can help you with?" I ask.

"Um." She pauses a moment before replying, "Would you and Niall mind setting the table and getting what you would like to drink?"

"Of course." I say with a smile.

"The silverware is the the drawer over there." She says, pointing to a drawer by the sink.

"I'll get the drinks. What do you guys want?" Niall asks.

"Water is fine." I say as I place the forks next to our plates.

"Same here." His mum says.

"Okay," he says as he started filling the glasses.

"Dinner is ready!" His mom shouted as she placed the food on the table. There was chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and other vegtables.

"Dig in you guys!" Says Niall ask he starts placing heaping mounds of food on his plate.

"Of course. Always hungry!" I say.

"So Erica, do you plan on going to college?" Maura asks.

"I'm not sure yet. I have applied for quite a few but I have only got a few letters back." I say.