Chapter 9

Cole's P.O.V:

After I gathered up the things blondie and I needed to run to town, I knocked on the bathroom door. Blondie went in there to take a shower, which I don't see why... Not like smelling good makes a difference anymore.

"Yes?"

Blondie's voice rang out from behind the bathroom door, I rose an eyebrow before asking him if he was ready to go. Instead of a "yeah" and told me a few more minutes. Geez, girly much? His nickname definitely fits his character then. I shook my head and walked up the stairs where everyone was, all crowded in Hannah's room.

Oh that reminds me, I gotta talk to her and the others. When I reached her doorway, I crossed my arms and looked around the room. Everyone was in their own conversations. I knocked on the doorframe and everyone looked in my direction. I coughed, clearing my throat.

"I'm about to head into town with the blonde boy...."

I waited for a response but didn't get one until a minute later.

"Why? It's not safe."

I stared directly at one of the boys I saved last night. That one boy... Phoenix, I believe that's his name, talked to me. He seemed to stand his ground, like it was only safe if we kept ourselves away from the real world.

I should probably talk to these people more. I literally don't even know anything about them except that they are in this house with us.

I rolled my eyes and planned out what I was going to say until what I least expected to happen... Happened.

"I'll go."

A random girl chirped as she stood up, she sat beside Hannah. It was the girl Hannah tackled when we realized her group was in here. My eyes widened, I can't bring a girl along. We will just have to drag her around because it doesn't seem like she can do anything to protect herself.

"Why? We can't take you. We are just going to run in, grab what we need, and leave."

I stated as Hannah whispered something to her and wrapped her fingers around her elbow, attempting to pull her down to sit again but instead of cooperating she flung her arm and Hannah released.

"But if it was Hannah or someone else you wouldn't object! Now would you? I have the right to go. I have the right to help instead of hanging around depending on people to do things for me! I want to go and you will not stop me."

I was thrown back by her sudden outburst, but I quickly regained my composure. I rubbed my eyes before looking at her then Hannah then back at her. Hannah's expression was filled with uncertainty while the girls was filled with confidence and anger.

"Whatever; but just to let you know, if something happens don't expect me to jump in and do the dirty work. Misses high and mighty."

I ran my hands through my tangled hair and swiftly turned around, walking down the stairs. I mean, she can do whatever she wants but this is important. It's not like we are going shopping for clothes and beauty products. I groaned a sigh of frustration as I reached the last step. I probably look like the bad guy, am I right? Like a big douche bag.

Blondie was standing at the counter of the kitchen. A pen in hand as he wrote things on a piece of paper, watching him, I walked towards him.

"What are you doing?"

I let my annoyance appear in my tone, making it real obvious about my recent feeling. The blonde boy lifted the paper up then handing it to me,

"It's a list."

He said proudly, I read over his list, he wrote all the things I already had drilled in my mind. So, it didn't matter if we had the paper or not. We needed weapons, more food, first aid type things, and that's pretty much it. I handed it back to him, he took it and folded it up; stuffing it in his pocket.