Chapter 6

HANNAH'S P.O.V:

I woken up slowly to movement under the tree, it was still dark outside. I probably only slept for an hour or two by the looks of it. I looked to my right to see Cole still asleep, surprised I grabbed the flashlight that Cole held in his lap.
I'm guessing he didn't exactly go to sleep when I did. Probably tried to keep watch... I flipped the switch and shined it under me.
I felt a scream boil up my throat at the sight. Three zombies wondered around under us. I put my hand over my mouth as they looked up and the growls and squeals began as they clawed the air. Stretching to try and grab me.
I turned back to Cole and hit him right in the stomach. Quickly putting my hand over his mouth as his eyes widened and he sat up.
"Cole. Be. Quiet."
I hissed and he nodded, pulling my hand off his mouth. He furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed the flashlight from me,
"What?!"
I looked below me and pointed down. I'm guessing Cole understood me because he flashed the light from the flashlight down. Cole tensed before the flashlight slipped out of his grip, falling to the ground below us.
I grabbed his shirt, incase he falls also. I groaned as I saw a zombie stumble towards the flashlight. After a few minutes the flashlight turned off, making the night pitch black again.
"Hannah-"
Cole started but then got cut off by a scream nearby. A really load scream to be exact. My eyebrows furrowed as I sat up. The growls and squeals started fading away.
"Cole, did you hear that?"
He nodded then pointed in an open spot in the tree branches. Not to far away I saw a few stranded people trying to get into a two story house as a few zombies scattered towards them.
"We have to help them, Cole."
Cole sighed, then he unbuckled the belt wrapped around my leg, letting it fall to the ground. He pulled a knife out and handed it to me. I held it in my hands, it felt so weird. I feel like I'm about to murder people or something.
"C'mon, we better hurry."
He jumped off the tree branch, landing on the ground. I did the same, but it felt like I twisted my knee but I ignored it and ran after Cole towards the people, trying my best to ignore the pain that shot up my leg. Cole held a baseball bat in his hands, ready to swing if he needs to. Where does he get all these weapons? Like seriously!
"HELP US PLEASE! IF ANYONE'S IN THERE OPEN UP!"
A girl screamed hitting the door as a boy moved her out of the way, trying to kick it open. Another girl and boy were on the porch, shooting the zombies. They are so loud and obnoxious. They should know that sound attracts zombies.
Once we reached the house, Cole ran around fighting off a few zombies while I dodged them and ran onto the porch. I grabbed the rocking chair that sat in the corner ad threw it at the smallest window, my reason for future problems.
"Climb in, climb in!"
I shrieked as I helped the first girl in. Helping people climb in, one after the other. The only person that didn't show was Cole. The people inside told me to climb in also or I'll get killed but I just stood there, looking for Cole.
"GOOOOO! HANNAH GET INSIDE!"
A few that was oh so familiar yelled, I looked in the direction the voice came from seeing Cole running and dodging zombies as a couple hurried after him. I bit my lip as I climbed through. Feeling my knee hurt much more then it was when I jumped off the tree branch. Once I fell in through the window, I saw the group standing there. I did the first thing that came to mind, block the windows and doors.
"Help me block the doors and windows, hurry!"
The boys were the first to move, moving the couch infront of the front door. As I moved a book shelf infront of a window. I saw Cole run up o to the porch and I helped him through the window. I'm glad everybody fit through it. I noticed this house wasn't that big on the inside so it was easy to cover the doors and windows.
Once we finished, I stood there staring up the stairs. The staircase was creepy as can be. A random boy noticed and he chuckled,
"Scared, eh?"
I shook my head and ran up the stairs as he followed behind. Upstairs had on two bedrooms and a bathroom. Nothing big, which was kinda good.
"Thanks for saving us. We really appreciate it."
I smiled at him, he seemed oddly familiar. He had short, dark auburn hair, brown eyes with freckles. Muscular But skinny at the same time.
"No problem, really."
He nodded, as we went into the first room. The door was budged or atleast I though it was. I shrugged and turned around.
"What's wrong?"
The boy asked, lets call him Auburn, yeah? Auburn shook his head and backed up as I moved out of the way. Running towards the door, kicking it open. The door swinged open and he just stood there, staring at whatever was inside.
"Bloody hell?!"
He whispered under his breath. I moved beside him staring into the doorway, nearly fainting. Oh my god.

___________________________

LOUIS'S P.O.V:

After we killed the group of zombies, we blocked the bedroom door again for the hundreth time. Zayn and Liam threw the dead bodies out the window that led to the side of the house. Harry sat twirling a knife he held in his hands. I sighed and pulled a zombie off the floor, and began dancing with it.
Twirling it around and dancing with the lifeless body. Liam shook his head while Zayn chuckled.
"Like my dance moves?"
I asked laughing as I dipped the zombie. Harry walked over towards me and threw the zombie on the floor with a loud bang. I stood there partly shocked but a little amused by the smirk on his face.
"NO!"
He yelled as he chuckled, pointing his index finger at me. The closet door was soon thrown open to Niall walking out slowly with the shotgun propped up, ready to shoot. Sending everyone to stop what they were doing, he let out a deep breath and put his aim down.
Niall turned around and made a signal, soon enough Alyssa came up beside him as he wrapped his arm around her waist protectively. To be honest, I felt a pang of hurt and jealousy flash through me, why? I don't know.
I jumped on the bed hoping none of the boys would see the jealous look I was making. I propped my head up and looked at Alyssa,
"Care to join?"
I asked cheekily as everyone chuckled, sending her cheeks a dark red. I wiggled my eyebrows as she just stood there totally embarrassed. Niall's arm dropped off her waist as he sat his gun down.
"B-but Boobear!"
Harry cried, popping his bottom lip out,
"I thought we had something!"
Everyone laughed again as I smirked lightly. Harry ran his hand through his hair and tilted his head to the side as I kept glancing between Alyssa and him.
"Sorry Haz, our bromance with have to wait."
I chuckled as I winked at Alyssa. Alyssa shook her head and her hair going in her eyes, giving me the urge to move it to the side, but I fought the urge to not make a fool of myself.
"I'm going to the bathroom..."
She said as she practically ran into Hannah's bathroom. Zayn huffed down beside me on the bed making me notice Liam and him were done with the zombies.
"Alright, I'm going to sleep."
Zayn sighed as his head hit a pillow, him passing out right then and there. Tired much? I silently chuckled to myself as Liam stared out the window and Harry started to clean up any sort of mess.
I propped myself up on the headboard and just stared at whatever. Which was my eyes landing on Niall eating a box of crackers. Sending him a half mad/confused look, why did I get so jealous? Yeah, Alyssa was really pretty and she made my tummy do flips, but I don't think I'm ready for a relationship... I still had Eleanor but... She died...Right when this apocalypse happened.
I sighed trying to change my mind to another topic as my eyes welled up a little but my mind just led back to Alyssa. I better call dibs on her before any other boy does, but what I don't get is why I need to call dibs if I don't want a relationship. Hmmff. I'm so confusing.
"Yes, Lou?"
Niall asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. I quickly shook my head, rubbing my eyes. I gave him an apologetic look, grumbling,
"Nothing."
I rolled over, maybe some shut eye will help with my ordeal. Just maybe....

---------------------------------------------

HI GUYS!
So right now I'm stuck in North Carolina... Sooooo far away from home.... In a cabin... At the top of the mountain. Ughhhh. Hoped you enjoyed this! (If it publishes) I have no Internet or service so erm yeah. Do me a favor and vote? Comment? Excuse for any mess ups, had to rewrite this chapter over lol

-HannahBear