Chapter 8

HANNAH'S P.O.V:

I laughed at one of Louis's stupid jokes, feeling happy that everything seemed okay. I opened my mouth to say something but I let out a small shriek instead as I felt someone touch my right knee.

Almost falling off the side of the bed, I noticed it was just Liam. He turned my leg sideways, making me grimace. My right leg slightly swelled up, making my eyebrows furrow together as the room got quiet and all the attention was on me.

"Are you alright?"

Liam's asked softly, as he kept examining my knee. I bit my lip and nodded. I quickly stood up and walked towards the bathroom, pulling a pile of clothes out of a draw in my dresser on the way.

"Uhm... I'm gonna take a shower."

I said hurriedly before slamming the bathroom door. The least that can happen right now is for my stupid injury to get in the way, I let out a loud sigh. Then plopping the random amount of clothes on the toilet seat before stripping down. Starting the water to the perfect temperature.

Hopefully, everything will be okay. Hopefully.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A couple hours later.....

I layed down on the couch in the living room downstairs, resting my head on the arm. Everyone else was mostly asleep, except for Niall and Phoenix who was probably upstairs watching out the window.

Shivers ran down my spine as I curled up into a tighter ball, making sure to avoid squeezing my knee. My thoughts were running wild as I heard thunder outside, which meant it was storming.

Out of nowhere, a fuzzy blanket was plopped on me. I lifted my head and looked up to see Niall smiling widely down at me. I shook my head as he walked around from behind the couch and sat down infront of me on the floor.

Not questioning anything, I relaxed under the warm and cozy blanket. Niall just looked at me, that's all. He didn't say a word for a few minutes, just thinking to himself with one eyebrow raised and a cute little smile planted on his face. Okay... This is getting weird....

"Yes?"

I choked out, my voice cracking from the sudden outburst. Niall laughed, looking down as his cheeks went a light tint of pink which surprisingly made me blush as well.

"Nothing. Just happy. Just- I.."

Niall got quiet again, as I felt my heart start to race a little. He ran his hands through his hair, not making eye contact.