Day 1

After a 5 hour flight and an hour journey to the hotel, we made it.

I dragged my suitcase into the familiar reception of the hotel me and my family visit the same time every year. Everything still looks the same, smells the same.

My mum walks over to the desk to check in and I take this opportunity to launch myself onto the seats and reconnect to the wifi.

After a few minutes of checking my phone, letting my friends know I got here okay, mum comes over signalling she has the room key and it's time to go up, to bed. Finally.

\\

8:00am - day one

The bright sun beams threw the gap in the curtains as I slowly started to wake up.

Quickly I put my white Bikini on and threw my beach dress over the top. I finished getting ready before going down to the restaurant for breakfast.

I love the atmosphere of this place, all of the different cultures all in one place. It was like my safe haven.

9:00am

As we got to the pool mum spotted two free sun beds and hurried over to them before somebody else did. Me on the other hand, decided it was time for a nice stroll down the beach near the volley ball pitch.

I slipped my flip-flops off, picking them up so I can walk through the sand and allow it to get in between my toes.

I spot a few families I recognise as I walk, allot of people tend to come back to a place like this. I mean, who wouldn't?

I love the sea breeze and walking on the sand close enough to the water that when the tide comes it it catches my feet. After a mad first year at university, I definitely needed this break.

As I looked out at the ocean, I saw a banana boat fly past and a load of screaming boys on it. I definitely have to do that again this year.

My thoughts were interrupted when something hard hit my side, knocking my earphones out and causing me to stumble towards the water. I'm definitely going in, no doubt about it. My nice new beach dress is going to be full of wet sand.

Suddenly something or someone grabbed me around my waist causing me to stop falling.

I turned around and was met by a pair of chocolate brown eyes and a curly mop of hair pushed back with a red bandana.

'Oh god I'm so sorry I didn't see you and the ball was going out and I just jumped and are you ok? I'm so sorry' the flustered boy with a strong brummie accent waffled, causing me to laugh slightly.  

'It's fine, I wasn't looking where I was going anyway' I replied, pushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear

The boy smiled but didn't say anything else causing a slight awkwardness.

'Oh I'm brad' he stuck his hand out gesturing for me to shake it.

'Jo' i accepted the gesture and smiled.

'You should really learn to catch a ball Brad' I laughed.

'That was my mum's fault on the other team, I definitely didn't get my sporty skills from her' Brad played with he volleyball in his hands as he spoke.

'Brad hurry up we want to finish the match!!' Shouts came from the pitch and Brad turned around for a second.

'Sorry I'll have to get back to the match, but it was nice meeting you. Maybe I'll see you around later? ' He spoke.

'Yeah sure' I smiled and Brad ran back to the pitch.

I carried on my walk until I found myself back at the pool with my mum again. For some reason I couldn't stop myself from smiling for the majority of the day.

I didn't do much else, just sat around the pool reading my favourite book 'the beautiful and damned'

/////////

This is still a short intro but I'm working on the book again and by the time you read this it will be fully edited 🤷🏽‍♀️