Goodbyes

11:00

After last night with Brad, I felt amazing. I went back to my room at about 1am before falling asleep with a huge smile on my face.

But the happiness soon faded when I realised Brad leaves in 4 hours. 4 hours.

Then it's back to reality. No more dates to a nice restaurant, walks along the beach.

I've spent the morning packing seen as I'm leaving as well later on, I've been wanting to find Brad all morning but I just can't bring myself too.

I stepped out of the room, the warm air hitting my skin, before walking down to the rocks on the beach. I always came here whenever I needed space to think. Something about the water and the rocks made me feel better.

It wasn't long until somebody joined me, Brad.

'Hey I've been looking for you' Brad spoke placing his hand on my thigh.

'Yeah, I just needed a bit of me time I guess' I replied. I couldn't bring myself to look at him yet.

'Do you want to go and get a drink?' Brad asked grabbing my hand and pulling it slightly, signalling for me to stand up with him.

'Yeah sure' I smiled at him, a weak smile.

I could see in his eyes that he was feeling the same way I was.

We walked over to the bar and got a drink, not talking much as we were both ignoring the fact that he was leaving in a few hours.

//

The moment I'd been dreading had finally arrived, me and were sat in reception waiting for his taxi to the airport.

I'd said goodbye to his family before Brad grabbed my hand and dragged me outside of the building so we were alone.

'The taxi is going to be here any minute' Brad spoke softly.

'I know' I replied, not knowing what to say or do.

'You no what I said last night. I meant it. I meant every word, I'm so glad that I met you' Brad spoke as he placed his hand on my cheek gently.

'I'm going to miss you so much' I said before rapping my arms around his waist and butting my head into his chest.

I was about to break down any second and I didn't want to have to look at him when I did.

'Hey we have FaceTime, phone calls, text, Skype. You can't get rid of me that easy Miss Denver' he laughed slightly although I know he didn't find this funny.

'I know but let's face it. It's not going to work. You barley get enough time with your family as it is, never mind coming to see me too' I spoke as a tear escaped my eye.

He didn't reply, he knew what I said was the truth. Maybe if I wasn't studying and I had more free time to visit down south. 

But I don't and that's what we need to face.

'I've had the best time here' I spoke into Brad's chest.

'Me too, definitely a story I'll be telling 30 years from now' Brad rested his chin on my head for a while, we didn't speak.

'You promised James you'd come to London, he's going to hold you to that' Brad continued, laughing slightly.

'Brad the taxi is here' Brads mum shouted from the front of reception.

'Coming' he replied before pulling away and locking his eyes with mine.

'I love you, and that will never change. Maybe in 10 years our paths will cross again or something and we can laugh about this whole situation. Crazier things have happened' Brad smiled before connecting our lips.

I didn't want to have to let go of him because I knew it would be the last time.

'I definitely won't be forgetting you any time soon' I smiled before cupping his cheeks with me hands and kissing him again.

'I have to go, I'll text you when I'm back in England. Stop doubting us, we can at least try and work this out. I love you' Brads spoke before pecking my lips one last time.

He grabbed his back and walked towards the taxi. He turned back and waved at me one last time before getting in the taxi and driving away.

'I love you too' I managed to say before the tears started flowing down my face. 

Brad

I managed to hold myself together until I got into the taxi, she didn't see me cry.

'Hey Bradley,you'll find somebody else. Your fist love is always the hardest' my mum spoke pulling me in and cuddling me.

'To be honest I'm surprised you found a girl, its taken you this long I honestly thought you might be gay' Nat laughed trying to make me feel better. 

I guess in a few weeks I'll forget this ever happened, it'll be a summer fling.

But right now it feels so real I don't think it could ever feel like that.

////

THE END.

CHECK OUT THE SEQUEL 'REALITY' THAT WILL BE UP VERY SHORTLY LOL