Chapter 1: The beginning.

"Bonjour (Y/n)!" One of your neighbors yelled as you left your house. You waved back to the neighbor of yours before walking down the street. The bakery on the end with the same old bread and rolls to sell. This was how it was like every morning since you moved to a new town.

"Good morning, (Y/n)!" The baker yelled. You jumped in surprise before greeting him.

"Morning monsieur!"

"Where are you off to?"

"The bookshop, I just finished the book about a 16-year-old cancer patient, meets and falls in love with a boy named Gus-"

"That's nice... Marie, the baguettes! Hurry up!!" The baker barked cutting you off, talk about rude.

You took the bus to the library to return your book. As soon as you stepped off the bus stop and entered the shop the bookseller Jellal greeted you, he was pretty shy but with you he was the nicest guy around.

"Ah, (Y/n)! Back so soon?"

"Yup! I've come to return the book I borrowed."

Jellal took the book from you before putting it back on the shelf.

"Finished already?"

"I have a lot of free time." You shrugged scanning the shelves. "Got anything knew?"

"Not since yesterday."

You climbed the ladder that was leaning on a wall of book, scanning the ones you could see from there.

"That's all right. I'll borrow... This one."

"That one? But you've read it twice!"

"Well it's my favorite!" You stated sliding down the ladder. "Beautiful princes, and even far off universes. To bad life isn't some fairytale."

"Well, if you like it all that much, it's yours." He told you handing you the book.

"I can't take this!" You told him, but secretly you were glad he gave you the book.

"I insist!"

"Well thank you." You waved before walking out the bookshop.

"And don't worry, life is always a fairytale. We just don't see the miracles that happen around us."

What a nice man.

You open the book reading as you walked down the street. You could hear a shot fire nearby and walked slightly faster.

"Hello, (Y/n)."

You turned around seeing Sting. You smiled politely as he looks at you.

"Bonjour Sting."

He grabs the book from your hands making your roll your eyes.

"Sting, give me my book, please?"

"How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

"Well, some people have imaginations."

"(Y/n), it's about time you got your head out of those books."

He threw the book behind his shoulder it landing in the mud.

Stupid boy! How could he just mess up my free book!

"You should paid attention to more important things... Like me! The whole town's talking about it."

You saw Lucy sigh, most people call her the town's biggest bimbette but she looks like a nice girl. You pick up your book out of the mud wiping it off before sighing.

"It's not right for a woman to read--soon she starts getting ideas... And thinking."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing (Y/n), but what do you say we hang out?"

"Maybe some other time."

"I won't take no for an answer." He said gripping your shoulders.

"Sting, I can't. I have to get home and help my father."

"That crazy old loon, he needs all the help he can get!" Rouge states monotonley as Sting laughed.

"Don't you dare talk about my father like that!"

"Yeah, don't talk about her father that way!" Sting yelled to Rouge.

"My father's not crazy! He's a genius!"

Just then you heard an explosion and you knew exactly where it came from. Sting laughed as Rouge stood there emotionless. You ran home and straight to your basement.

"Father?" You coughed as you fanned away the smoke.

"How on earth did that happen? Dog gonnit!"

"Are you alright, father?"

"I'm about ready to give up on this hunk of junk!" Your father said as he kicked the machine. You sigh going over to your father.

"You always say that."

"I mean it, this time. I'll never get this boneheaded contraption to work."

"Yes, you will. And you're gonna win first prize at the fair tomorrow!"

"Hmmmph!"

"And you'll become a world famous inventor!"

"You really believe that?"

"I always have and I'll always will."

"Well, what are we waiting for. I'll have this thing fixed in no time!" Your father said as he slid under the machine. "Hand me that dog-legged clencher there... So, did you have a good time in town today?"

"I got a free book. Father, do you think I'm weird?"

"My daughter? Weird?" Your father inquired as he appeared from under machine with bizarre goggle contraption on his head distorting his eyes. "Where would you get an idea like that?"

"Oh, I don't know. It's just I'm not sure I fit in here. There's no one I can really talk to."

"What about that Sting? He's a handsome fellow!"

"He's handsome all right, and rude and conceited and... Father, he's not for me!"

"Well, don't you worry, cause this invention's going to be the start of a new life for us." He responded, coming out from under the machine. "I think that's done it. Now, let's give it a try."

He pulled a lever making the machine blow steam from its top, making the room fill with the awful sound of a tea kettles whistle. It soon ended as different parts of the machine started moving, in the end making a axe chop the wood placed in front of it.

"Is that a good noise? Thats a good noise isn't it? It works!"

"It does? It does!"

"You did it! You really did it!"

"Hitch up Monmo, girl. I'm off to the fair!"

Later that day your father was just on his horse kissing you goodbye.

"Goodbye Father! Good luck!"

"Goodbye, (Y/n), and take care while I'm gone!"

Your father waved as he left on his horse the contraption on a wagon attached to the horse.

As soon as they were out of your line of vision you sighed.

A house all to myself.