Chapter 8

Chapter dedicated to irawinny and kopiga06

----------------

Good times were back in Bhalla house. Their son had brought back the happiness that was gone with him 9 years ago.

Ishita had unknowingly become the reason of all this happiness as it was her because of whom Raman had set his foot in Bhalla house which was a prohibited territory for him all these years. Now there was no way anyone in the Bhalla house would let her go.

After the reunion of the father and son, Raman informed that he had to go back to get his belongings. Mr.Bhalla was too scared that if he let him go now, he would never come back.

Raman assured him that he was going back only to come back.

Mrs.Bhalla insisted him to rest now as he looked too tired and could get his belongings later. Mr.Bhalla offered to buy him some clothes for time being from the nearest shop. Raman could not deny their requests and decided to stay.

Raman needed a bath to wear off his emotional and physical tiredness. He borrowed a towel from his father and went into the shower.

Meanwhile Ishita regained her consciousness. She slowly opened her eyelids that had become heavy under the effect of the sedatives. After a few attempts, she was able to open them completely and get a clear view of her surroundings.

She was used to waking up in the confines of her room in Raman's mansion or in the special ward of the hospital.

Nothing looked familiar here. Everything was so different. She sat up with a jerk and clutched the duvet tightly trying to understand where she was.

Her heart subconsciously craved for Raman. She usually found him around whenever she woke up from her slumber. Not seeing him anywhere close frightened her further.

She saw Ruhi sleeping peacefully in the center of the bed and that gave her a little comfort. She instinctively bent down and kissed Ruhi's forehead. Probably a motherly instinct that came to her naturally.

Momentarily she had forgotten her fears but as her eyes roved back in the room, the fears came back too.

She began to perspirate and breathe heavily. She shut her eyes tightly and fiddled with the edge of the duvet mentally calling out for Raman. Although all the memories of past had completely erased from her brain, her heart unconsciously had accepted him as her protector.

Mrs.Bhalla entered the room with the clothes that Mr.Bhalla had got for Raman, when she found Ishita in this condition. She immediately dropped the clothes on the bed and rushed towards Ishita. She caressed Ishita's hairs and wiped the sweat beads on her forehead.

Ishita felt the touch and expected it to be Raman. But she could sense some difference in the touch. She realised it was the same motherly touch she had experienced hours ago and her body accepted the touch as her nerves soothed under its effect.

She opened her eyes to see the person who had an effect on her closer to that of Raman. She saw a familiar face but could not recognise the person and she was a little scared about it.

Mrs.Bhalla sensed Ishita's confusion and she lovingly informed her "Maa hoon puttar"

"Maa" Ishita pronounced apprehensively.

"Haan...Maa" Mrs.Bhalla nodded with a smile.

"Maa" Ishita repeated this time with a little comfort. The word itself seemed to carry some spiritual effect with it as Ishita succumbed to it without much effort. She could not fathom the reason behind the coolness that spread throughout her insides with the mere utterance of the word.

"Maa" she pronounced confidently with a huge smile spread across her face accepting Mrs.Bhalla wholeheartedly.

Mrs.Bhalla embraced her giving her more comfort and kissed on her hair. Ishita enjoyed the warmth and welcomed a new face, a new person, a new relationship in her new life. After a husband and a daughter, she had now found a mother in her lost territory.

Raman stood at the door of the attached bathroom and watched them. He was now proud of his decision of bringing Ishita home.

It was not an easy task for him to step back into the house that had disowned him, but Ishita and Ruhi's wellbeing mattered more to him than his hurt and his ego.

He was aware that his mother was a wonderful person and an epitome of love. He knew that she was the only person he could trust on for taking care of Ishita. And at this moment, he realised that he was right about his mother's nature.

His heart swelled with joy and a lone tear wetted his cheek.

"Tu bahut thak gayi hogi na puttar. Fresh ho le, tab tak mai khaana lagati hoon" said Mrs.Bhalla coming out of the hug.

Ishita nodded obediently.

Mrs.Bhalla began to walk away but Ishita held her dupatta afraid she would leave her alone.

"Mai tujhe chodke nahi jaa rahi puttar. Mai yahin hoon" Mrs.Bhalla sat on the bed assuring her.

"Maa mai hoon yahan pe. Aap khane ka dekh lo" Raman said walking towards the bed.

"Dekh Raman bhi agaya. Ab mai jaaun?" Mrs.Bhalla asked Ishita.

Ishita looked at Raman and her heart fluttered. She smiled fully and Mrs.Bhalla accepted it as her cue to go.

"Tujhe kisi bhi cheez ki zarurat ho na, toh 'Maaaaaa' kehke chillana. Mai bothal (hindi version of bottle) se nikle jinn ki tarah haazir ho jaaungi" Mrs.Bhalla said to Ishita.

Ishita nodded at her and Mrs.Bhalla caressed her face yet again before she left.

"Thanks Maa" Raman whispered to his mother as she passed him. She held his arm and blinked her eyes with a smile acknowledging his thanks.

"Theek ho?" He asked Ishita.

"Haan" she enthusiastically replied. He had never seen her so energetic post her accident. He was happy seeing a positive impact on her.

"Tumhare kapde nikal deta hoon. Tum fresh ho lena" he told.

"Theek hai" she said stepping out of the bed.

He opened one of the suitcases and took out a white cotton suit for her. He handed her a towel, a soap and a small bag that contained her other necessities. One could see how dependent she was on Raman now as she relied on him for her every need. He silently thanked God that his father had stopped him. Or else he did not know how Ishita would manage without him.

He led her to the bathroom and instructed her how to operate the shower and where to place her belongings.

"Koi pareshani ho toh...." he began but was interrupted by her

"Mai awaaz de dungi" she completed as she was used to this instructions now. "Aur lock bhi nahi karungi" she added like he did always.

He chuckled and after making sure she was comfortable, he left the bathroom.

His little princess was still soundly asleep. He sat beside her doing his favourite job of admiring her.

"Aapki Mumma ke chehre pe aaj bahut dinon baad ek hasi dekhi. Aap bhagwanji se pray karna ke Mumma ki ye hasi hamesha barqaraar rahe" he whispered to the sleeping beauty.

It seemed to be a payback day today for the Bhalla family, especially Raman. He had got back everything that he had lost. His mother's embrace, his sister's concern, his father's love, his home's warmth, his Ishita's smile.

'Apnon ka pyar aur duaa hote hue bhi mere sath nahi hai, toh ghairon se hi sahi, pyar aur duaa toh naseeb ho' he had said to himself when Ishita had taught him a new definition of earnings and satisfaction.

'Aaj mere paas apnon ka pyaar bhi hai aur duaa bhi. Aur ye mujhe tumhare sath ke wajah se naseeb hua hai Ishita. Tumhara sath toh hai, ab bas yahi duaa hai ke tumhara pyaar bhi mujhe naseeb ho. I have loved you, love you and always will' he thought.

-------To be continued-------

Hmmmm....so I guess I am done with fillers...now you will see the story progress....
#ItnaKaroNaMujhePyaar