Chapter 22 (b)

"Raman ko call karun kya?" Ishita asked herself after feeding Ruhi.

She checked the time and pouted sulking "Abhi toh unhe gaye aadha ghanta hi hua hai. Kya sochenge woh? Bolenge ki utawli ho rahi hai"

"Hmmmm" she sighed "Itna kyun miss kar rahi hoon mai aapko? Door mat raha karo mujhse"

Pal Bhar Na Doori Sahein Aap Se

"Aisa normally sab biwiyon ke sath hota hai kya? Ya phir mai kuch zyada hi chipku ho rahi hoon?" She wondered.

"Ajeeb si feeling hai. Aap paas hote ho toh saansein ruk jaati hain, aur aap door hote ho toh gin gin kar saans lena padta hai. Ye kya ho raha hai mujhe?" She asked imagining him in front of her.

Betabiyaan Ye Kuch Aur Hain

"Ruhi...kya tumhe pata hai ke mujhe kya hua hai?" She sought answer from her daughter who was sitting amidst her soft toys on a rug.

Ruhi ignored her question as she was busy squeezing and squishing her toys.

"Batao na Ruhi" she pushed Ruhi's toys away and gained her attention.

"Abdlablabdablablbda" Ruhi groaned. She was either angry on Ishita for spoiling her 'me' time with the toys or frustrated that Ishita expected her to answer such a complicated question. She probably meant 'How would I know?' 🙄

"Hmmm...sahi hai. Tumhe kaise pata hoga, jab mujhe khud nahi pata" Ishita sighed.

"Achha Ruhi ye batao, kya tumhare Papa bhi mujhe miss kar rahe honge? Tumhe toh bata kar gaye the na ke tumhe khoob saara miss karne wale hain. Phir mujhe kyun nahi bataya ke mujhe miss karenge ya nahi?" Ishita lied on the rug, supporting herself on her elbow, so that she could have all the attention of her daughter.

Ruhi hit her forehead and rolled her eyes as if saying 'Ye bhi koi poochnewali baat hai? Of course Papa misses you' she pouted later adding an 'And he misses you more than me'  complaining look.

"Kya hua? Aise kyun dekh rahi ho? Papa mujhe miss nahi karte?" Ishita got it all wrong.

"Abladlabladbladlabdlablablabla" Ruhi blabbered angrily, meaning 'You are just too much Ishita....oops...Mumma'

"Arey tum naraz kyun ho rahi ho? Mujhe samajh me hi nahi araha hai ke tum kya keh rahi ho. Pata nahi Raman kaise samajh jaate hain tumhari baatein" Ishita wondered.

Ruhi smirked cutely blabbering "Agagggagggaga" which meant 'Because I am his soul, his Rooh'

"Awwwww you are so cute Ruhi....Mmmmuaaah" Ishita rewarded her daughter for her cuteness. "Papa kya kehte hain, 'Ale Mela Bachha'" Ishita tried to copy Raman's style.

"Ablabdlablabla" Ruhi scowled at Ishita trying to say that only her father had the copyright to address her that way.

"Baap re! Kitna gussa! Kahan se seekh kar aayi ho?" Ishita acted scared.

Ruhi gave a knowing smile 'Obviously Papa se. Dekha nahi jab Papa gusse me hote hain toh kya karte hain?'

Before Ishita could think of her next question, Ruhi crawled past her and pounced on her toys, clearly indicating Ishita that she was done with her pep talk and now it was time to resume her play.

"Hawww....how mean!" Ishita remarked "but cuuuuuuuuute too" she added admiring her daughter.

Ishita lazed around the house finding nothing interesting to do than missing her darling hubby. She checked the clock every now and then and wondered if the battery of the wall clock had died as the minutes hand seemed to move at a snail's speed. She didn't leave her phone even for a second not wanting to miss a call or a message from Raman. She waited and waited and waited and waited. Neither the clock worked faster, nor did her phone buzz with a call or notify her of any message.