Chapter 34

Hi All!

Apologies in advance...
The update is not upto the mark😭

-----------

"

Waah kya idea hai Mumma...I love you" Simmi kissed Mrs.Bhalla on her cheek going all excited about the announcement she had made.

Mr.Bhalla's joys knew no bounds. Although Raman was back home, he still felt guilty about a lot of things he and his wife had missed as parents. Raman's marriage was one such moment. Tonight, at least one of his regrets would be striked off from the list .

Mihika was ecstatic that she would be able to witness her sister's wedding at last. She hugged Ishita sideways tightly and genuinely expressed "I am so happy for you Akka"

Ishita could not be happier. Could she have wished for anything better tonight? She did not have even the faintest memory of her wedding. While watching a couple getting married on TV, she was always fascinated by the glow on the bride's face when the bridegroom fills her partition with vermillion. When the bride would close her eyes letting the moment sink in, she would get goosebumps and would wish to experience that moment herself, but was too shy to express it. Tonight her wish was going to be fulfilled without being asked for. Wow! This would be one of the best moments of her life.

"Maa in sab ki kya zarurat hai? Humein chath pe jaana hai na. Chand nikal aaya hoga" as opposed to everyone's excitement Raman tried to back off.

"Chand ko nikal aane me abhi time hai. Hum tujhse shadi ki saari rasmein thodi na karwa rahe hain, bas maang hi toh bharna hai. Isme kitna time lagega" Mrs.Bhalla defended.

"Par Maa...." he tried to argue.

"Raman please" Ishita requested holding his hand.

Unable to deny her, he was left tongue tied.

Mrs.Bhalla took the opportunity, grabbed the sindhoor box from the temple shoving it in Raman's hand, she unpinned the rose she had tucked in her hair, broke the petals and distributed the petals to Mihika, Simmi and Mr.Bhalla keeping some for herself.

"Bhallaji aapko shadi ke mantr padhne aate hain na. Aap mantr padhna shuru kijiye aur Raman tu Ishita ki maang me sindhoor bhar dena" she instructed.

Simmi was ready with her phone to shoot the moment, Mr.Bhalla began chanting the Mantras and Mihika stood behind Ishita, with Ruhi in her arms, like her bridesmaid waiting to shower the couple with rose petals.

Ishita bent forward and closed her eyes to experience the most blissful moment of her life.

Raman's heartbeats went asunder as he took a pinch of sindhoor in his trembling hand.

A distance of an inch and pinch surfaced between him and his love for her, his yearning for her, his craze for her, his desire for her and most importantly his rights on her.

Unable to cover the distance of an inch, which seemed like miles to him, he withdrew his hand, whispering "I am sorry", inaudibly, he assumed.

Amidst the loud mantras and the happy cheers, Ishita was able to hear him mumble. Probably her senses were on high alert so that she doesn't miss even a second of this remarkable moment. His words transformed her anticipation into confusion and she opened her eyes giving him a puzzled look.

Her questioning glance was difficult to meet, Raman shifted his gaze to the floor and shoved the sindhoor box in her hand saying "Tum....khud....hi lagalo"

"Kyun?" She immediately asked stepping ahead and blocking his path with her body.

"Woh...mai....mujhe...." he stuttered gaining the attention of others.

"Kya hua puttar? Tu ruk kyun gaya?" Mrs.Bhalla asked.

"Woh bas...Dekho na aapki bahu kitne achhe se tayyar hui hai. Mai agar sindhoor theek se nahi laga paaya toh uska make up kharab ho jayega" he found an excuse.

"Theek se nahi laga paaya matlab kya? Aapko thodi na bhabi ke ankhon me liner lagana hai. Sirf maang hi toh bharna hai" Simmi piped in.

"Very funny" he tried to laugh in order to divert the topic and began to leave.

"Raman...rukiye" she held him by his wrist "Make up kharab hone pe mujhe koi problem nahi hai. Aap bas meri maang bhar dijiye" Ishita demanded turning him around to face her.

"Ishita....tum...khud hi karlo na....Dekho dinbhar bhooke rehne se mere haath kaamp rahe hain" he showed her his trembling hands "aur phir maine pehle kabhi lagaya nahi hai toh mai theek se laga bhi nahi paaunga" he blabbered in order to convince her.

"Pehle kabhi lagaya nahi matlab kya Raman? Hamari shadi me toh aapne meri maang bhari thi na?" She asked.

His head shot up at her query and throat went parched. She looked determined to get an answer from him. He gulped to moisten his throat "Ob....viously" he choked.

Ishita was getting suspicious although she tried being positive about his words and actions. His nervousness and stealing away the gaze from her only gave her negative vibes. "Raman... Hamari shadi kab hui thi?" She wanted to know now.

He stared blankly at her. "Raman hamari shadi kab hui thi?" She repeated.

"1 saal pehle...no I mean dedh saal pehle....almost do saal" he made a quick mental math.

"Date kya tha? Date batayiye mujhe" she demanded.

"Date...woh...." he tried recalling "Date... tumhe toh pata hai mujhe dates yaad nahi rehte" he tried to sound confident but failed miserably.

"Achha date ko jaane dete hain. Ye bataiye ke hamari shadi kahan hui thi?" She queried suspiciously.

"Tum....ab ye kya baatein lekar baith gayi. Maa humein der ho rahi hai na" Raman tried to dodge the question.

"Itni bhi der nahi hui hai. Ishita ke sawalon ka jawab de" Mr.Bhalla commanded.

"Papa chand...." he tried reasoning.

"Chand ki fikar tu mat kar. Society ke saare log chath pe khade hain. Jab chand nikal ayega toh woh log humein bula lenge" Mrs.Bhalla informed sternly.

Raman felt trapped. Ishita repeated her question "Hamari shadi kahan hui thi Raman? Kahin toh hui hogi na, Mandir me, Court me, Wedding Hall me? Bataiye mujhe Raman"

"Ishita please...mai baad me tumhare saare sawalon ka jawab de dunga" he needed some time.

"Nahi Raman...mujhe abhi jaanna hai. Aap kyun mere sawalon ke jawab dene se hichkicha rahe ho? Sach kahun toh aapke is ajeeb vyavhaar se mera man baitha jaa raha hai" she was at the verge of crying.

"Jaisa...tum...soch rahi ho....waisa kuch bhi nahi hai" he attempted to shoo her fears away. But his stuttering was making the situation worser.

Ishita gathered some courage to put her question directly in front of him rather than beating around the bush. She tried to remain strong but her tears ditched her running on her cheeks as she muffled a sob and apprehensively dared to ask "Hamari shadi....hui hai na Raman?"

"Raman please" she begged cupping his cheeks forcing his vision into her, which he turned away immediately. "Bataiye Raman hamari shadi hui hai ya nahi" she yelled wanting to get the truth out of him. Getting no response from him, made her furious and she placed his hand on her head and declared "Aapko meri kasam hai"

"Hamari shadi hui hai?" She repeated emphasising every word.

Ishita pressed on his hand that was placed on her head, reminding him of his swear on her. Having no way out,  Raman shook his head feebly while his eyes remained tightly shut.

-------To be continued------

Aaahhhh....This was hell of an update
Tried cutting down the drama quotient but failed miserably
This had to be the most important chapter of the story but I am totally unhappy with how it has turned out to be
Sorry if the update is too dramatic and bland....