Aang's Disappearance

"Okay, that's everything." Sokka says, and I look around. Aang was missing, strange. "No it's not, where's Aang?" Toph states, and we look around.

We go and search for him, coming to a balcony. "Is this a normal thing?" Jet asks, looking at me. I shake my head. "No...."

"Let's go check the beach." I hear Zuko, and look out at the beach. "Why would he just disappear like that?" I ask softly, more to myself. We head to the beach and look around. "Look, there's his footprints." I see they head towards the ocean.

I try to think of where he could've went when I hear Katara tell us to split up and look for him. Toph runs to Zuko and grabs his arm. "I'm going with Zuko!" She announces. We stare at her, "What? Everyone else went on a life changing field trip with Zuko, now it's my turn." I roll my eyes, chuckling. Sokka took Appa, and Suki went with Katara. That left Jet and I, and so we decided to walk along the beach, the opposite direction of Toph and Zuko.

"So how did you end up on Ember Island?" I look over at Jet, as we look around. "I don't really remember..." He shakes his head. "How'd you end up with Zuko?" My face turns a bright red until I realize what he actually meant. "Oh, well that's kind of a long story. I basically helped him see the light his Uncle wanted him to see."

Jet rolled his eyes. "He's just gonna turn on you." I sigh and look up at Jet. "I know he won't, Jet. Trust me."
-
-
-
-
-
We sit on the steps and I shake my head. "Where could he have gone?" I sigh, resting my head on Zuko's shoulder. Sokka comes back. "I'm guessing by the looks on your faces, no luck finding Aang?" I shake my head. "Nope."

"Has anyone noticed Momo is missing too?" Katara asks, and Sokka goes crazy. I roll my eyes as he's going on about how Appa ate Momo. "How is he a great leader but the most silliest out of all of us?" I look at Katara, laughing. She just shrugs.

"Get out of the Bison's mouth, Sokka. We have a real problem. Aang is missing and the comet is only 2 days away." We all turn to Zuko. "What should we do, Zuko?" Zuko stands up. "I don't know." He looks at all of us. "Why are you all looking at me?"

"Well, you are kind of the expert of tracking Aang."
"Yeah, if anyone's got experience hunting the Avatar, it's you."
I laugh softly. "Yeah, so you're kind of taking the lead on this one." I grin. Zuko just looks at me.
-
-
-
-
-
"Zuko, I don't want to tell you how to do your job, but why are we heading towards the Earth Kingdom? There's no way Aang's there." Sokka asks.

"Just trust me."

We reach a tavern in the Earth Kingdom, and go inside.

"And the reason you brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?" Katara asks, turning to Zuko. "June." He points to a girl with jet black hair that covers half of her face. "June...that's how you've tracked us." I realize.

"Oh yeah, that weird bounty hunter with the giant mole."
"Mole? Her skin is flawless."

I roll my eyes, as I watch her take on some guys who decided to fight her.

"I don't know who this June lady is, but I like her." Toph grins, and I roll my eyes again.

"Great, it's Prince Pouty. Where's your creepy grandpa?"
"He's my uncle. And he's not here."
"I see you've worked things out with your girlfriend."

Zuko and Katara look at each other. "She's not my girlfriend." Zuko rolls his eyes, glancing at me.

June smirks. "So what do you want?"
"I need your help finding the Avatar."
"Hm, doesn't sound too fun."
"Does the end of the world sound like more fun?!" Zuko frustratedly asks.

We go outside and and June throws a piece of steak at this giant mole. "Who has something with the Avatar's scent?"
"I have his staff." Katara says, bringing the staff over.

The mole sniffs it and starts sniffing the air around us. She puts her head down and covers up her nose.

"What does that mean?"
"Your friend is gone."
"We know, that's why we came to you for help."
"No, I mean gone, gone. As in he doesn't exist."

"What do you mean he doesn't exist? You mean he's dead?"
"Nope, we could find him if he was dead. It's a real head scratcher. See ya!"

I turn to look at the others. "There might be someone else who can help us defeat the Fire Lord." Iroh. I smile, as Zuko takes out a sandal.

"Let's go." June says, as the mole sniffs the sandal.
-
-
-
-
-
    We reach outside the wall of Ba Sing Se. "Iroh is here?" I look at the wall then Zuko. "I guess so."

June leaves us and it's just the group now. "It's been a long day, let's make camp and continue our search at dawn." Zuko says, and we nod.

    We lay down, and Zuko and I get a little bit away from the group. "So, you saved Jet." I nod. "Yeah, I did." I look up at Zuko. "Seeing the look on Katara's face...I couldn't let him die. Plus he was a friend. He was kinda dumb, but still a friend."

I look into Zuko's golden eyes and smile. "We should get some rest," I quickly shift my gaze when I realize he was staring deep into my blue eyes. "Yeah, you're right. Goodnight Kai." Zuko hugs me. "Goodnight Zuko." I smile, hugging back.