X.

*A month later*

Anastasia POV

"So how's work been"?

I turn to my best friend Samantha with a smile, pushing my glasses up by the bridge.

"It's not that bad, I've always wanted to work in the food industry". I explain walking with her down to the coffee shop we've gone to every time we get ready to start work.

She opens the door for me walking in seeing the cute barista who's working today. My cheeks heat up by him looking up at me given a warm smile.

"Oh Nathan is working today". Sam says nudging me to go, I freeze when my nerves kick in.

I stop turning to face her, "what if he's got a girlfriend already"? Pouting at the girl

"Well you never know! C'mon go". Pushed to the line, we wait a few until it's our turn. The register girl Isabella looks up from the iPad staring at us.

My eyes look up to the chalk board, scanning I order a hazelnut ice coffee without cream.

"Is that all for today"?

Nodding I hand over my debt card, once we order we sit a few tables from Nathan who's caught a glimpse of me.

I duck my head down, "hmm he's staring at you". Sam teases, "he's coming over here Ana".

My eyes widen, "shut up".

She giggles Sam's eyes look up, in the reflection of her pupils I see Nathan's figure.

"Hazelnut ice coffee and a caramel frappé"? He announces behind me.

Slowly turning my head to face him, "here you go Anastasia". Gosh, his Australian accent got me weak in the knees dammit.

"Is she okay"? He asks, Sam turns to me poking my cheek.

"Oh yeah, she's fine. Hey Nathan, got a second to answer a question"? My eyes widen, she isn't gonna ask-

"Got a girlfriend"?

He chuckles, putting his hands in the pockets of his black jeans.

"No, why someone interested"?

If this was a cartoon my jaw would've dropped from my face by now.

"Wanna go to the movies with Anastasia"? Sam asks before taking a sip of her drink.

He turns to me with a smile, "Sure what time should I meet you"?

Are my palms sweaty? Why am I fangirling over this dude? "She'll meet you at 8 tonight, why not pick her up"? Sam continues, I turn to face her brushing my hair back still shy.

"If she doesn't mind waiting, I've got drop my little sister off at her friends house". He says, Sam nods taking another sip turning to me with a goofy face.

I kick her ankle causing her to let a whimper out.

"No it's fine. Gives me time to feed my cat". Did I just say that? Now I sound like a sad cat lady, he nods before walking off stops to turn.

"Eight tonight, I'll see you later". Nathan waves giving me a cute smile.

Giving a smile once he's out of sight my face falls to the table. "Did I seriously tell him that Sammy"?

She sits there rubbing the area I kicked, "Yup now he knows you've got a cat".

I groan irritated with myself, once it was time to go our separate ways I headed to the work. It was a four star restaurant, inside changing into uniform I'm greeted by my boss.