Chapter 1: Nightmare

I'm back! But this time with the first chapter! *audience clapping and cheering* I hope you enjoy the story. Lets begin in
3
2
1
Memory
Visions/dreams

////////////////////////////////////////////

"There are things far more frightening than death".

Those were the last words of the Inquisitor. Kanan was in his room meditating on his bed. He kept thinking of that same sentence over and over again. What could he mean? Is there really something out there that could be more terrifying than what we expect? If there is then what in the galaxy could it be?!
Kanan's thoughts were interrupted when the door opened. He looked up and saw the twi'lek pilot giving him a warm smile. He returned the smile. "Hey love," Hera said, " it's time for bed. We've got a mission tomorrow".

"Alright, night Hera," Kanan said taking out his ponytail and laying down. He heard a muffled 'goodnight' behind the closed door before closing his eyes and drifting off into a peaceful sleep. Hera headed back to the cockpit to land the Ghost on Lothal and get some sleep herself. Although, it was an unlikely peaceful sleep for a certain padawan. Ezra was turning all over in his bed with clenched teeth and eyes shut tight.

"The Dark"

Ezra shot up and was about to scream when he hit his head on the top of the bunk. Then he heard Zed's loud snoring from underneath him and relaxed. Ezra rubbed the spot that he hit his head on. He soon noticed that he was drenched in sweat and was breathing hard. Ezra ignored the sweat and calmed his breathing before hopping out of bed.

He made a bee line for the phantom without waking anyone up. Ezra climbed the ladder and sat down looking at the stars. He always liked going to the turret or the phantom to gaze at the star lit sky and think about certain things. Then the nightmare replayed in his mind sending chills down his spine. 'I've been having that same dream, no nightmare ever since we saved Kanan' Ezra though. It has been a week since they saved Kanan and the Inquisitor's death. That brought a smile to his face then a frown started to spread. A week. A whole week with the same nightmare too. Was it even a nightmare? Should I tell Kanan? It felt so real like it's happened or will happen. Ezra groaned when a headache started to form in his head.

"Ezra?" a gentle voice said from behind him. Ezra turned around and saw Hera standing there with a worried look on her face. "What are you doing in here? Are you ok?" Hera asked in a motherly tone. Ezra forgot that Hera stays up a little longer than everyone else to fly the Ghost. He turned back towards the star filled sky and muttered "I'm fine". Ezra didn't want Hera to think that he was some kind of baby because of a stupid nightmare. Ezra though she would leave him alone but did something unexpected.

She hugged him and spoke in a gentle voice, "I'll let this slide but next time come to me or Kanan if anythings wrong". Ezra froze in shock and surprise. No one has hugged him before since his........parents. He held back his tears and nuzzled into the hug a little and felt.......safe. A minute later, Hera released Ezra from the hug and green and blue eyes met. She continued her thought, "ok Ezra?". Ezra only nodded in surprise that dissolved into a genuine smile.

Hera smiled back, "come on, we have a mission tomorrow and we need everyone to be fully rested". Ezra nodded again having trouble talking. They both headed back to there cabins to sleep. Before Hera entered her room, a faint whisper stopped her. "Thanks Hera" then Ezra entered his room with a swish of the door opening and closing. Hera turned her head a little to Ezra and Zeb's room and whispered, "no problem Ezra". Hera entered the room and went to bed with a smile.

////////////////////////////////////////////

That's it........for now. If you like reading this story  so far please, please, PLEASE tell me if I should continue. Thank you and have a great day! I'm out of here! Adios! 😁😁😁😁