Chapter Six

I pulled down the black ski mask I wore covering everything except my eyes as Zack and the others awaited instructions as they stayed hidden in the darkness of the night camouflaging in the dark forest. "Stay on guard," I whispered to them through the mouth piece as I took a silent step keeping my finger on the trigger.

"Keep safe Flame," Zack said in a whisper, I wanted to tell him the same, I wanted to believe that's what we were, safe, but we both knew we weren't, we both knew that we will never be safe until we escape.

Dressed in all black, I was invisible in the night as I moved towards the fence topped with barbed wire timing the guards moving inside the fence perfectly before pouring the acid on the fence watching it melt away. "Twelve o'clock Flame," I heard Zack whisper, by the time I snapped my head up the whistle of a bullet speeding past my ear was all I heard and a body was laying in front of me.

Moving through the newly formed hole in the fence I moved past the body and moving quickly snapping the neck of the other guard. "Clear," I whispered as I started to climb the emergency ladder moving quickly yet silently catching a guard on my way up and throwing him back up silently shaking my head as I climbed over the ledge.

"Perfectly executed Flame," I heard Zack whisper, I must admit, I blushed a little but I was on edge, why is he so calm at this moment? 

Suddenly I felt someone's arms around my neck pulling me back against their hard body, keeping my feet planted on the ground I rolled my eyes and pulled him in front of me. I pulled out my pistol planting a bullet in his forehead. So annoying. 

"Clear," I said as I pushed my pistol back in my holder before moving towards the panel, "Talk to me Every."

I listened on as Every talked me through every detail of how to attach our hacking device into their security wires. 

"It's better to work in the dark Every," Zack said and immediately the place went pitch black forcing me to put on my night vision goggles. "I'll..."

"Uriah," I looked at my side cutting him off, I can't bare to lose him so early in the mission and the one thing I knew about Uriah is that he was a fast healer, faster than any of us, "Take point."

"Of course Captain," he moved quickly towards the metal door in front of us. I positioned myself behind Uriah as we moved silently down the metal staircase. Patting his back I moved in front of him as we came off the last staircase, pushing open the door silently I pulled the two guards in front of the door in and allowed my team to deal with them.

"Take a right," Every instructed me from her hideout with Bella, I would never allow Bella here, the boys were faster dealing with this, she would just slow us down. Plus, if Bella was here I would have to worry about both Zack and Bella. 

We moved down the hallway quickly silently terminating any soldiers we found on our way there even as Bit and Jake moved into the security room to keep an eye on things as Zack, Uriah, Avery and I continued on our quest. It almost seemed like heaven when Every said that the ROD was behind the door we were coming to.

"Move aside," Avery said pushing me to the side as he pulled off the covering of the finger print reader at the side of the door and started to attack the wires as the rest of us kept on guard. I bit my lip wondering if I was really going to lose someone tonight.

"In," Avery said as he pushed open the door entering as a smile came up on my lips as I moved in behind him pausing as I looked up at the wall of cabinets. 

"What..."

"The fuck," Uriah completed for me as he appeared in front of me as the door closed behind us. 

"Every," I whispered as I looked back at Zack who stood by the door leaning on it holding his rifle."Help us." 

Instead, I heard gunshots, "Flame, we've been compromised!" my eyes widened in panic as Zack stood up straight his eyes reflecting the same panic I felt.

"Get out of there," I instructed turning around the same time a thick file dropped to my feet opening to the front page where a picture of twelve year old me was seen with the name Nyxen Warren was printed boldly. What. The. Fuck. Is. That?!

"What the fuck is this Flame?!" Avery yelled as he appeared in front of me, before I could even answer I felt something hard collide with chin as I felt myself sailing in the air through walls before landing in a heap of concrete. I groaned as a sharp pain moved through my body as I struggled to get to my feet.

"Flame!" I heard Zack yell as the sound of gunfire was heard. I pushed myself up as Zack held onto my arm pulling me to my feet as a bullet moved past my face slicing my cheek bone. I quickly and painfully turned around and shot one of the soldiers shooting at us as the lights flashed on blinding me as I fell back feeling as if my eyes were on fire. I reached up and pulled off my goggles as I felt someone's foot slam into my side, no doubt Avery's foot, it felt mutant.

"STOP IT!" I heard Zack yell as I heard Avery being pulled away.

"Zack!" I screamed as I pushed myself up on my feet, too late as a bullet sliced through his chest. I moved towards him feeling my heart in my throat as his eyes registering shock as he dropped back on his knees. "No!" I yelled as I caught Avery by his collar lifting him off the ground ignoring the feeling of bullets piercing my back as I shielded Zack with my body. He's not the one to die. I threw Avery through the nearest wall before dropping to my knees feeling every ounce of energy leave my body, all I could register was Zack's lifeless face in front of me before blackness consumed me.