The Note

"Gray you're very special okay honey, now promise me you won't leave." Dr. Royce says, well more like demands. "Ever." I cross my fingers behind my back, "I promise."

• • •

After the talk with Dr. Royce I go to my room, more like cell because once I come in I can't get out unless someone scans their card on the opening hatch outside my door. When I hear the door shut tightly and hear footsteps walking away I walk into the bathroom connecting to my cell. Grabbing my hairbrush and walking to the mirror I brush my wavy dirty blonde locks and fit it into a ponytail. I change into my training gear which consists of a black tank top, black skinny jeans with a dark blue belt, and my black combat boots. What can I say I like black, fits my personality. I press the buzzer in my room and a guard announces he'll be right down. When the door opens I walk down the long hallways with the guard until we reach the training room. He leaves shortly after locking the door, but I catch the lingering look he gave me. Ew pervert he's like 30. I start stretching, Dr. Royce thinks I can't control my wings yet, well she's wrong I'm just waiting for the right time to use them. Until then I have to lie and say they haven't come out yet, she still insists that I work out every day until they do.

2 hours later

After the guard brought me to the cafeteria and watched me eat the disgusting 'healthy' food I arrive in my room with a note attached to my wall.

Meet me in my office at 7:00 I have great news that you would want to know- Dr. Royce

Ugh it's 1:00 so I decide to take a nap and whatever news she has to tell me better be good not another testing day. Last "great news" she told me I was the only survivor of all the tests they did. This whole place or facility or whatever was filled with kids and teenagers. I miss them, now I'm alone and everyone expects so much from me. "I want to leave." I whisper before falling into a deep sleep.