Eight

/Pearls POV/

"I look like a crystal gem in this outfit, Amethyst," I told Amethyst, rolling my eyes.

"Hah, I do too," Amethyst replied, snorting. "Why the gym?" I asked, as we reached the corridor to the gym. "Because! We need some excersize, all you've been doing is smoking and insulting people," Amethyst replied, quietly.

"Shut up. Now let's just get this over with."

"Hey, Jasper's here!" Amethyst pointed out. I immediately looked at the direction Amethyst pointed, and we both ran to her.

"Hey Jasper," I said, fixing my tank top strap. "Sup. And– What the heck are you wearing?" Jasper asked, randomly switching topics.

"Wanna answer that Amethyst?" I asked, resting my forearm on my hip as I  looked down at Amethyst with a smirk.

Amethyst mumbled, as she crossed her arms and blew out air for her hair to rise up.

"Anyway, what're you two twerps doing here?" Jasper joked, as she picked up a weight. "Who? I only see one twerp," I joked back, looking at Amethyst.

"Shut up!" Amethyst screamed, stomping her foot as her eyes engulfed with tears. "Take it down a notch, Ame. It's just a joke," Jasper replied, chuckling.

"Don't call me Ame," Amethyst grunted, as she clinched her fists to pure redness. "Seriously, chill," I added in, slapping my hand on my forehead.

"Really? I have to chill? I tried to make you go to the gym with me for once and talk to me and have a great bond for once, but no! Jasper the brute show-off is here and takes my chance with you! I just hate it!" Amethyst screamed out, gripping her hair and pulling it.

The trio went silent. "I'm standing right here, y'know, runt," Jasper slowly and quietly said, pulling her short sleeves up to her shoulder length.

I stood straight, biting my lip. "Chance with me?" I said, louder this time. Amethyst looked up at me, as her eyes widened.

"Did I really just say that?" Amethyst said under her breath, as she blushed. "I'm an idiot.. I-I'm... I'm sorry. I better just... Just... get out of your hair. Don't look forward to seeing me again, P... Cya."

Then, Amethyst sprinted out of the gym with tears in her eyes. "Ame.." I pouted, reaching my hand out at the sight of Amethyst running off.

"Well, good luck with that Pearl. Dating a runt like that," Jasper said, laughing as she patted my back.

"Hah... Yeah."